To Sig or Not to Sig... That is the question

im with wiggy and you other LB’er’s who vote yes.

a BIG YES! from me too!.

I’ve been here all along

I can see where the MODS were coming from when they said about the pics in all the sig lines and the extra bandwith etc etc … however as Wiggy has said, if they are externally hosted and not rude/abusive/indecent etc then I can’t see the problem with it at all, it adds a bit to people’s online character and (as far as my opinion goes) it doesn’t make a page any harder to read.

Am with you on this Wiggy.

317 views out of them

23 posts including originator

out of them:

19 vote Yes

0 Vote No

8 Pass These are not votes but answers to other questions posted

1 Double and that was a yes vote

So IMO mi thinks the members are voting Yes

There’s always one, isn’t there? Well, today it’s me.

I don’t like 'em.

They’re [mainly] cheesey; they do nothing to enhance the “conversations” which are, after all, the lifeblood of any forum; they increase page-loading time and cause unnecessary scrolling; whilst they don’t make the page harder to read, they are a distraction; I can’t see any value in them other than to feed the ego.

So, this grumpy old man votes no.

Mods…you seem to gone a little…quiet???

How refreshing.

i agree with wiggy on this one sigs should be allowed

No as this and never was a them and us situation - regardless of how much some members would like to see it as such. The issue is currently being discussed.

Apart from the confusion over what Wiggy’s sig actually says (for ages I thought it said “if it’s tuff” which didn’t really make any sense to me…) I’d rather see the graphic than something like ginger’s current sig. Ginger’s sig sticks within the rules but is much more disruptive to the flow of the thread (IMHO of course).

i agree with you there thats why i took it off its much disruptive

I think they should be allowed - or tell me how much it costs and i’ll bloody pay for my own!

If you can’t afford to run the site how it was when it was at its best - then dont become skinflints with it … bring in someone who can afford it???

Following comments posted in this thread and others the admin team have decided to review the current rules on Sig Lines. Please give them a few days to do this, however they will listen to the comments and suggestions made and will publish a revised set of guidelines shortly

Thank you, Macp.

Total respect to Jay and Patrick for the reviewed policies.

Thanks to all members for their support also.

This isn’t a ‘them and us’ debate, although it felt like one at the time, I just felt I had to make a stand against a policy I felt was too strict.

Signatures, ones that aren’t indecent etc, I feel add to the site, it allows us to see what makes people tick and what they can offer the other members without viewing peoples profiles.

Rules need to be in place to restrict image size and they should all be hosted an a fast external host, ie imageshack.

I never wanted to cause a stir, just wanted to stand up for what I believed in.

Apologies to all mods if I have caused unneccessary anguish,

Wig x

Glad your’e still here Wigs

Ann x

i concur in the abouve post…

jay,macp…thanks guy’s…your 2 perfect gentlemen.

smiled.

Ahhhhh Thanks mate!..

Now about your sig line…

Only Joking

you can FFFF…

self moderated comment

smiled.

Moderators/Admin/Site owners

Just a thought on those discussions, it might be helpful to you guys if perhaps you had say some of the “hosties” in the meeting in order that you gauge a balanced opinion. When rules are then set they are not just in your interest but also in the interests of the site members?.. A more balanced approach which may save the stress in the long run…