The wheels without fuel

ever tried Italy?
London is heaven compared to that, trust me :smiley:

:slight_smile:

Had the same kind of self-entitled cyclist thing in Dublin, cyclists there were actually protesting bikes being allowed in bus/cycle lanes with the argument that bikers make the lane less safe for them… Ha.

But yeah, the argument stands that cyclists and scooter-ists tend to be less well educated in roadcraft (Don’t even bother debating this as it’s the truth) and in this way have unpredictable behaviours and manouvers on the road. This added to traffic and the stress of rush hours makes it easy to get pissed off with them.

Should we not be protesting for more cycle lanes then? Win/win for both.

no. No more cycle lanes please. They tend to be designed by people whose idea of cycling is pottering along at a sub-pedestrian pace. Unless they are on the same road that you and I use, they are frankly, a complete waste of our money.

But don’t put all cyclists or scooter riders into one basket. There are many who are clearly accidents waiting to happen and others who use the road safely. You can tell the difference easily enough. To say that all are the same is like me saying that any 600 riders are just out of nappies - patently not true.

Pink jumpsuits.

Hear hear! I’ve been on rideouts where the 6ers have blasted the rest of the group! :w00t:

we move a lot of office’s so im not that far away :smiley: instead i have to put up with them desiding where they want their desks and filing cabenets:crazy:

Hey, tonight on my cycle ride home, I went through a green light!

:laugh:

haha, that one can get tricky too, “hey you!young man, could you please move this desk few cm’s closer to that mirror there” she says whilst checking out her nails and running her hands through her hair “nope, stop, wait, that’s too close!” :wink: :smiley: instead of making a hard-working man some god damn drink…in the kitchen area :smiley: :smiley: :ermm: i can’t believe i just said this!

or “cook the man some f*ucking eggs” - from once were warriors

Not that i don’t like cycles but some of them think they are as wide as a car. Does my head in

like :smiley:

Preaching to the quire here I know…I recks all very valid points and opinions, truth be told.

In the relatively short period of time that I have been commuting by MB it seems evidently clear that it is the majority of cyclists that really don’t give a flying fk about any other road user and will almost always become militantly retarded if you dare to question their road manners/craft.

The one thing that does my head in is the cyclist (and I spotted loads last night between Holborn and Old St) that ride straight across zebra/pelican crossings even though someone is clearly crossing the road - I immediately get the red mist but for the sake of my sanity (and, prolly, life) I must let it go. After all, I am not the law and don’t really have grounds to say/do anything unless it directly affects me.

My point is this (I have many, in case you hadn’t noticed! ;-)) - ALL road users, cyclists included, must have basic third party cycle insurance (incl commuting) - it is like £5 per month and I used to have it. Thing is, if mr/mrs cyclist clatters you off your bike or scrapes your car, you currently have no recourse to action. Obv if insurance was mandatory then there would be and you could rightfully claim…just imagine the many scenario’s should you come off 'cos of a cyclist…who’s pay your loss of earnings, loss of anything, really. There are a few good’uns out there - I have seen them and am very surprised to see them stop at red signals etc…but the vast majority - pain in the backside.

Then there’s mum doing school run, texting…don’t EVEN get me started on that one! lol

Peace.

R x

today, I’m on t’ktm, so I’m a biker for 24 hours (revenge scooter hunting :))

Can I just ask, how many of us have had accidents or near misses caused by cyclists compared to, say pedestrians or buses/taxis/white van man?

You know what, mostly cyclists as they’re unpredictable at all times - with cars/vans/buses and peds you can see the hazard most of the time whereas cyclists just appear out of nowhere, fast, and will not hesitate to cut you up while filtering. cnuts.

I totally agree with about the stick cyclists get even though I cycle everyday. They’re a slightly different breed of road users, like taxi drivers.

What’s worse is when other cyclists really cut you up on their bikes and have no regard for your safety. It makes me quite mad at times, I mean they of all people should know that you’re vunerable to hitting the asphalt a lot quicker… but no. They’re obviously in too much of a rush to get to their neon-bicycle sex dungeon.

+1 - Insurance for cyclists should be compulsory or there should be a way to legally pursue any claims against cyclists - this would definitely change their attitude

I have had no accidents caused by cyclists and two caused by four wheelers when on my motorbike and one when on a cycle. Today I had a car turn right across my path and only just braked in time. Last Friday on the ride home from the Ace I encountered an intimidating 4X4 driver swearing and intimidating a poor girl on a cycle as he tried to force his way past.For me, cycles are the least of my worries :wink:

+1 to that… cyclists are only a hazard to people with poor hazard perception!!!