The wheels without fuel

i did it :smiley:

i think it still exists talk to your councel

I cycle to work and often skip the lights, I promised myself I wouldn’t but you just save so much more time. I only do it when it’s safe.

A lot of cyclists clearly have absolutely no clue about the rules of the road. Pull out without doing head-checks, over-take on the inside, give no indication of where they’re going.

I must say though I think it’s one of the best ways to get about in London after cycling for the last four weeks. Saves loads of money and it’s quicker than public transport on most routes.

There are soo many idiots on the London roads though, other motorcyclist, taxi drivers, car drivers, lorry drivers, cyclists…etc. You can’t stereotype it. London is definitely the worst place I’ve ever driven, cycled or rode.

Over the last year I’ve been knocked off my motorcycle twice, once deliberately by moped rider! People seem to have no respect for your safety here at all. I’ve been riding my motorcycle for ten years and I only had one previous spill aged 18 when I was being stupid.

I think there should be a cycling test, but not compulsory, however once you complete the test you’re given a neon spandex suit, purple tinted mirrored shades and day-glo paint to smere all over your face to show everyone else on the road that you’re now safe enough to command a bicycle.

If you take an advanced bicycle test you should recieve a giant purple strap-on to wear on your head.

PSML!!!

We ACTUALLY saw a guy cycling yesterday wearing 80’s skin tight, red Adidas trousers, complete with obligatory white stripes PLUS a red matching tight zip top with gold writing on the back.

The five girls in my cab were beside themselves with laughter… but at least we could see him coming!!! :hehe:

Just thought i’d add my 2p worth.

Why when there is a perfectly good cycle path, paid for by us all do cyclists still insist on riding in the traffic?

Why is there a cost to take the proficiency test now i thought it was help run by the local police?

I don’t think there is an issue of the light jumping so long as they actually look, at least it stops the muppets taking up the whole frigging road at the lights only to get in the way.

In this climate of “where there’s blame there’s a claim” what chance is there of actually claiming against a cyclist that causes you to come off your bike through not looking and then cycling off never to be seen again. If you are going to accidently hit one then make sure its a direct hit and causes injury so they can’t scarper:P

hahaha like squashing flies :stuck_out_tongue:

I always try to give cyclists loads of space. Keep the karmic balance and all that. Don’t mind getting held up by one for a bit. Usually only a fews secs and you’re off.

They do **** me off when they ride like a **** and bleat on with their victim mentality when it doesn’t all go their way.

Had a guy yesterday at Brixton. Blew the red I was waiting at by overtaking on the right. I really don’t care about cyclists blowing reds as long as they do it safely. This dick stayed way out to the right for no apparent reason as he had 2 lanes to play with.

So, the light changes and dick-less leaves me no option but to undertake him. At this point he makes a swerve for the kerb without looking. No problem, no contact, just the usual lycra dick not looking. Carry on.

Except dick-less catches me up at the next red and starts having a big go at me. I just told him to **** off and learn some roadcraft. He defaulted to the usual crap, accusing me of being a ‘macho biker’ blah blah.

I think theat’s the biggest problem I have with a lot of cyclists. They ride like a ****, but nothing is ever their fault as they are the poor downtrodden cyclists. Lowest of the low. Bullied by all on the road. Boo hoo. Never mind the fact that a lot of them have **** all common sense on the roads.

HERE HERE to that!!:arrow:

i don’t have problem with cyclists or slow driving cars, i’d rather deal with them i.e overtake them, which will be very easy and fun at the same time than have some idiot tailigate me, like today someone in a red car “don’t know what make it is and don’t care” decided to do what the other guy did this morning…i.e overtake me when i was doing correct speed and leaving correct space between me and other vehicle and being in the middle of my road…and what do i see??? as the road gets wider and separates into two lanes “one turning left & going straight on” and the other “going straight on” this fucker has decided to creep up behind me on my right obviously tailgating me whilst i’m going straight following the car in front of me…so i thought fck aint having this on my way back home so i moved to the far right to keep the car in lane…stupid twat, then kept that car there, and before doing my “riding on broken painted lines” routine i turned around just to look at that car. tossers, why is it when i’m being nice they mistake me for a sissy that can be easily bullied of the road??ok, my rant is over about inconsiderate cagers who seems to have balls when they are inside.

back to cyclists issue - i’m getting sick and tired of hearing bikers take a **** out of cyclists and scooters constantly. just because they are underpowered and smaller doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to be on the road. doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be in the centre of the road…where do you all propose they should que up? at the back not to **** anyone off?? f*ck this!! so what if they are jumping red lights?

they only thing that really upsets me is when cyclist think it’s ok to ride in the opposite direction of all the other traffic. but apart from that let them be, are you all really in such a hurry?? if so wake up and get to work early! ( of course i can’t say that about couriers )

i got into biking with an open mind, i didn’t dislike scooters…after spending time with bikers i could see a why one wouldnt like scooter, but still i don’t want my mind to be tainted anymore…so next time i hear someone diss cyclist or scooter in front of me i’ll just walk away. and this is the last time i’m discussing the whole cyclist issue. end of.

i was thinking about doing something more extreme, once i have lots of time on my hands i’d like to find proper biker outfit and then make it all reflective from head to toe or at least shining silver colour :smiley: or anyother colour that would be painful to look at :laugh:

try driving an 18 ton lorry around the city area

does rack the nerves a bit :slight_smile:

Chill out. There are sone very valid points in this thread.

I have never been surprised/endangered/put at risk by other bikers. I have been shocked/made to swerve/made to emergency brake/knocked off my bike by cycles and scooters.

I therefore have justification to stand on my soapbox for 5 minutes Anna. Id appreciate it if your tone was a little less rude and judgemental. And if you really have something to say past this, let’s debate it out face to face as I for one am not a keyboard warrior.

it wasn’t directed at you to be honest, you have every right to rant away :slight_smile: i was talking about people’s attitude which i’ve heard for about a year now from all sorts of different bikers, and i’ve had enough. i’m not a keyboard warrior either i wasn’t going to turn this thread into xx…amount of pages of me standing up for cyclists and scooters. i’ve made my point and now i’m off, sorry if i sounded rude but i don’t like to beat around the bush.

i’d love to drive a truck one day! to see how it’s like to make a living off being a trucker. this job would have two things i most dearly love: music and open road

truck stereo systems are a bag of pants :Dand the roads are not open :smiley:

valid points, but come’on dont shutter my dreams. so anyways, are you a long distance trucker?

If you are into long distance trucking - in the UK i would head up to North Yorkshire and Northumberland - plenty of open roads across the moors and then towards the west coast of Scotland where there are roads galore:D (Mind you that would be if you were trucking for a hobby rather than stuck in traffic on the M1 in the course of duty).:smiley: :smiley: I also recommend the Yukon in Northern Canada for trucking - had a road trip through there with my ex Canadian boyfriend - only saw one vehicle in about 500 miles (and no it wasn’t a cycle :D)

Re cyclists etc - there are many folks who cannot ride or drive their vehicle - whether that’s a car, van, bike, cycle or bike - and many who can. There are unisured road users, those who have forgotten their test skills and cyclists who have not done any training. It’s difficult to generalise. I have had the odd problem with cyclsits, but they are the most vulnerable of all road users and none has ever put me in A&E through their shennanigans, unlike four wheelers;) :slight_smile:

i have done some long distance,went to aberdeen not long agoi do removals (the worst kind of lorry work) so its mostly in londongive it a go we need more women drivers out there

Lake District is supposed to be good, well now that i have a big bike i will soon take to the road, as soon as i get some money coming in, those roads are best done on a bike :slight_smile: i’ve highlighted a good point you’ve made above that i was trying to convey

yeah i suppose driving a lorry in london can be infuriating, but still it beats having to work in an office dealing with loads of papers and bitching women :smiley: