The Riot is finally back at the menders

The Riot has been off the road for over a year. It’s been back in my garage for about 6mths leaking oil all over the floor.

The new garage have made me wait till the end of the biking season to fix it as they didnt want it clogging up the workshop in their busy time.

Still, The Riot’s there now and this new place have successfully rebuilt the motor in my mates XR6 so hopefully if the last bloke aint phucked up too much stuff in The (infamous) Riot it will live again! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good news! Ready to come out on some BCR’s next year?

Great news, I’ll inform the ambulance service that there’s likely to be more infectious diseases going round next year

Im not that there is any need, the last garage that tried to fix it powder coated the frame so it was rust/germ free for a while.

Mind you, like the rest of the work carried out by that garage the rust is coming through the powder coat within weeks of getting in back.

Interesting conversation with the new garage yesterday. Tried to compression test it which involves putting a socket on the end of the crank. That bolt was loose too (I found the engine case bolts were all less that hand tight whilst I was trying to run it in).

The valve gear is too tight on one side and too loose the other. Gaskets have been reused along with sealant and the engine is leaking oil from 3 places… :frowning:

sounds like the old place were googling their way through the build.

In my industry (I make jewellery) there is a saying that ppl should have their hands cut off to stop them ballsing up work and in Saudi Arabia we’re told ppl have their hands cut off for stealing.

The original garage repairing my bike have been unable to locate the spares that I gave him, yet defending his inability to fix The Riot, he pointed out that he has just rebuilt the engine in bike parked next to mine (they share the same engine) and that runs fine…I wonder where my spares went? :face_with_monocle: Perhaps the Saudi’s have something after all?

WTF? Used before?