THE NEW TEST!!

I have tried out the new test!! along with instructors!!1. you have to park into a garage like park up, turn off, then move the bike around to the other box cone aka garage as you would normally without dropping it.

1. weave in and out of cones, clutch control

2. figure of 8 (it doesnt matter how large you do it DONT KNOCK CONES OVER)

3. you have to speed up to go round a bend, you need to be in second gear to make sure you hit 30mph through the speedo… then as you pass that I advise you to pull back off throttle so you can manuver around the avoid cones (dont hit them down) then you are meant to stop in a box like of cones as a CONTROLED stop, DONT go out of the box

4. you do a U turn DONT FALL or PUT FOOT DOWN

5. slow clutch control follwing the assors arm DO NOT go past his arm, go slow using the clutch

6. Go back around as no 4… but this time its an emergency stop as you do the ER stop…

I think you are aloud 5 minors but instant fail on foot down, knocking ANY cones down OH and not looking where you are riding such as life safer look and looking as you manuver off!!! thats a minor, they assess how you would normally ride on normal roads

My advice book for an hr try out not sure how much it will be, but is definately worth it as I first tried it on a 125cc it was fairly easy, daunty but still made a few minors. then I did it on the 500 put my foot down on figure of 8 and nearly fell of and nearly dropped the bike, instant fail… then as I was doint the swerve to avoid I knocked down the cone (aka person) instant fail… but second time round it was less daunting and easier to understand and less daunting!!! IT was a fun couple of hrs :smiley:

Hope that helps guys :smiley:

If you cant do those things you shouldn’t be on the road anyway.

+1

Great advice… which test centre did you do it in? I was the first person to try out the new test centre in Enfield bk in Feb… I can say, a lot of people are definately not going to pass, both me and the instructor had a 2hr “play” slot with everything… none of the cones were set out according to the map… which way were you cones in accordance to the maps? we had ours set up both ways…( to a new student it will look ever so confusing, just defo glad i passed last july) :Dwe got told that if you didnt do 1 on your list in 8 secs, you get a minor… :w00t:but defo loved it… was more of a mess about session to determine whether new riders will get the hang of it quick enough… but definately agree with u on the sense, they should all go up to a test centre beforehand and practice the new test before doing it for real… i found the controlled stop/high speed manouver were you have to reach 30mph through the speed trap the hardest to get to grips with, got it 3rd time… so much fun to do… :DWanted to go bk again, but instructors have caught on and started to book up pre practice sessions for themselves Well done on the advice… and couldnt agree more with the comments of not being able to do those basic things, then should not pass.

I’ll agree to disagree. How many of us had flawless test passes?. I think you only learn how to ride properly once you are out on your own. We all LIKE to think we learn from our mistakes,but,sometimes this is not true. IMVHO:w00t:

I dropped my brand new R1 two days in by hitting the stops on a slow walk around manouver and fell off ever so slowly but still fell off…and thats after 40 years of riding…easily done…

you have just remended me i was promised the test track for a few of us on lb to go and try out on a sunday, need to make a phone call

!!Smart @rse alert!! I had a flawless pass - got a clean sheet first time round last september!! :D:hehe::smiley: …but i agree with you, only start learning properly once your out and about on your own! :slight_smile:

Great advice… which test centre did you do it in? I was the first person to try out the new test centre in Enfield bk in Feb… I can say, a lot of people are definately not going to pass, both me and the instructor had a 2hr “play” slot with everything… none of the cones were set out according to the map… which way were you cones in accordance to the maps? we had ours set up both ways…( to a new student it will look ever so confusing, just defo glad i passed last july) :Dwe got told that if you didnt do 1 on your list in 8 secs, you get a minor… :w00t:but defo loved it… was more of a mess about session to determine whether new riders will get the hang of it quick enough… but definately agree with u on the sense, they should all go up to a test centre beforehand and practice the new test before doing it for real… i found the controlled stop/high speed manouver were you have to reach 30mph through the speed trap the hardest to get to grips with, got it 3rd time… so much fun to do… :DWanted to go bk again, but instructors have caught on and started to book up pre practice sessions for themselves Well done on the advice… and couldnt agree more with the comments of not being able to do those basic things, then should not pass.
[/quote]
I did the test in Erith test centre, yes its very daunting at first especially as both were set up and the cones were in their order… so when I first got there it was daunting and confusing! The speedo was a tough all the instructors didnt get it first time, we all got it second time… but they also said that you do get a chance to try it again to reach the speed depending on your minor points!:slight_smile: