The motorway speed camera that is causing accidents

Hahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

:w00t::D:D:D:cool::w00t::D:D BURN BABY BURN…MUUHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you think me reading the DM would be bad, I actually got the link from the Essex Advanced Motorcycle Group website!:blush:

http://www.eamg.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1812

Agreed, lets do it tonight, say midnight?:w00t:

Another p1sser with this camera. Because it is so well known and speeders are exceeding the speed limit right up to the camera, plod sometimes set up a laser trap for those that come around that right hander prior to the camera to catch them speeding!:hehe:

ok sneaky! pick me up at 11.30;) we can gather round it and keep warm:D

tut tut, amatures…its all about expanding foam you know…

I know this camera well… To be fair if cagers are going up the arse of each other they only have themselves to blame.

If people actually left a safe gap and paid attention to what they were doing then there wouldn’t be an issue…

The Gatso that annoys me more that any other is the one on the A40 in the 70mph section, despite it being a 70mph section you get loads of dimwits braking hard for it… anyway the ACPO standard of speeding is 10%+2mph and there are very few Gatso’s that are set for less than that! As there aren’t the courts or admin people to process them anyway…

The real issue for me with this particular camera ** site ** is that the road design is very poor. The camera is there because the lane reduction from 3 to 2 lanes is in the wrong place. Bad driving and poor awareness cause a very dangerous environment.

Again, poor awareness. This should be punishable…

i know the camera very well, it gave me 3 points and a £60.00 fine for doing 71mph on a motorway. its a proper p-ss take camera.

It’s in a 50mph limit…

Agreed! I thought that the Motorway finished prior to the right turn?:blink:

You say lane reduction but many bikers would phrase it differently.

e.g. bike lane creation point which doesn’t have a camera on it :smiley:

Yep! :smiley:

The trouble is with that point of the carriage way for me is that there’s too much happening for some drivers. While a percentage dont plan that the 3rd lane is about to disappear (and the likely hood of some knob forcing their way past), there’s about 1-in-20 drivers think that their car is either twice as fast or half the width that it actually is.

The latter divers are then forcing they way past the former driver (who will have been sat in that middle lane for the last 1,500mils) when it is just not safe to do so. Not safe for to reasons. One the speed/size of the overtaking car as already mentioned. The second reason is, the knob who’s in the middle lane as the road narrows will not take any kind of observation approaching the hazard so will be totally oblivious to the pending overtake! The carriageway narrowing should have been done well before that right hand bend in my book…

If you’re referring to the one near the Polish War Memorial as you’re coming into London then its actually a 50mph limit. The 50 signs start just prior to the camera…however they’ve set the camera to close to the signs cos if you use engine breaking as you’re coming up to the signs, even if you were doing 70mph you still have to brake just before the camera…if you’re in the car that is. The bike slows a lot quicker.

Also, the speeding rules used to be 10% plus 3mph, now they’re just 10%.

I don’t agree with the 70mph limit on Motorways and think it should be raised. Lane hogging should be an offence that attracts 3 points and a £60 fine…but then I’m more logical than the eejits in power! :smiley:

Thats correct, it does go into a 50mph zone just before the speed camera… its a poor place for the camera too be honest, but the arguement i guess is that if you are not ‘speeding’ then it shouldnt bother you… that said, further along the A40 in the 50 zones where they have the camera thats under the pedestrian bridge, none of the cars are going anywhere near 50mph ever yet they ALL brake… muppets no knowing how fast they are going and just braking by reaction!

Didnt notice till saturday but have you seen all the new cameras set up high like lamp posts with 4 cameras, 2 one way 2 the other…ALL along the A127 right into southend? GAWD !! I know the signs say they are tracking the average speed of traffic and they have blocked out the speed limits, but blimey…that was one place you could open up a bit…:wink:

That sort of idiocy drives me nuts. On the A3 Roehampton Vale there are some cameras in a 40mph limit. So, naturally, the cogs in people’s brains squeal rustily into action and they think “O noes! Speed camera! Must! Slow! Down!”.

To 30mph. By jamming their brakes on right before the camera.

:doze:

I know that camera kml_uk is referring to. Everyone slows down and I tank by at 50mph. They’re all stupid. That’s what causes accidents, not speeding, just idiot drivers etc.

Those other cameras where there’s 4-5 pringle tube styled ones on lamposts are due to the emissions thing they have set up within the London area.