The LB Exclusive Trackday! 9th July!

lol. I’m in inters on 5th… This one may be advanced :smiley: If I’m holding somebody up it means he doesn’t know how to overtake. Track is wide, loads of space.
Inters or advanced curtis ?

im booked for inters, cant wait, gonna be a bril birthday…as long as i dont bin it :w00t:

I will come to inters with you then. Nah no way of bining it :slight_smile:

I’m quite keen to give this a go but if I’m honest, I’m a little intimidated!

I’ve got two questions:

1. The leathers issue - my leathers only have a zip at the back - my jacket has a zip all the way around, just the bottoms dont go all the way around - would i need to either a) put a zip on or b) buy new pants?

2. I’ve been riding for about two months now, done about 3,000 miles in the time and been trying to get out as much as possible, been on the BCR most weekends - but will i just hold everyone up in the novice section??

As i said, im keen but just a few reservations! :wink:

I would imagine that fitting a zip to your existing trousers will be no problem - ask WASP, our resident leathers expert!

Don’t worry about holding anyone up, the novice group is exactly that - the first few sessions might be a bit wobbly, but you soon hit your stride and it all starts falling into place.

If the Street Triple’s as much fun as the Speed Triple on the track (and I’m sure it is), the silly grin should last at least until the end of the week! :smiley:

Think we was all probably feeling like that before we did our first TD, I Know I was and I expected it to be all these super fast racer guys, in reality most of the people at trackdays are pretty normal people who just want to experience a bit more from their bike :slight_smile:

You, will need leathers that Zip all the way round.

I had exactley the same thoughts, thinking I will be in everyones way, hold them up etc,etc

Dont worry, thats what the novice class is for, and there are more than enough places for people to overtake.

Do it… Your learn more about your bike in one day in a safe track enviroment, than you will on the road, just be aware, it can become addictive :):wink:

Had two biking ambitions for 08 - the first to do an Off Road Day - which has now been done :D:D The second to do a TRACK DAY:P:D

However, I am not sure if I am a good enough rider to do a track day, I reckon my bike would be great for it, but I would probably be the worst rider in the novice section on cornering. My cornering is not great at speed, so am wondering if should come and spectate this time and do one in the autumn.

Will try and be there - whether as a spectator or a rider

You dont even have to be able to stay on the bike to do a trackday :slight_smile:

:w00t:

Booked, Novices again. Won’t be so slow this time… :wink:

damn i wish i could do this, was seriously jealous when i watched last time
but no leather trousers and zero cornering ability yet = no chance :frowning:

will be doing some cornering training soon though :slight_smile:

enjoy yourselves, gits! :wink:

that’s why you go to track. to improve cornering. come on book it ! you know you want to :d

once i have done BikeSafe and a day with Rapid Training, i will be able to trust myself :wink:

and i’ll buy me troosers as a reward :slight_smile:

:D:D Well I am somewhat accident prone. Can’t you folks make a new category, below the Novice one, called ‘Total Track Day Novices with No Ability to Corner at Anything Approaching a Reasonable Speed.’ This will ensure that people like me don’t hold up the track day Novices group :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: Can you make that category on dirt too, so it’s softer to fall off on?

Definitely dont worry about holding people up on a trackday, in the novice group that is what it is all about. Faster people will be in a faster group, simple as.

Even if people are passing you, it doesnt matter, it’s their problem and if they are passing you, you are giving them a small ego boost, so think of it as a positive! (and you might end up passing someone else, you never know!!)

The LB trackday is probably the easiest and most friendly way to do your first one. You will be surrounded by friendly faces, and loads of support. Binning a bike is more unlikely at the track if you are sensible.

Hels i second that im keen for the creation of that group also, two of us now so we are making progress:D

Whats the general view on the 1-to-1 tuition? Just interested to see if people think its worth wile booking a few sessions? Im a complete novice when comes to the track.

It’s genuinely worth-it, they can really enthuse you and give you clear things to work on, which will improve your technique and confidence throughout the day.

Cheers Jay, have booked up for the Novice class so may bolt on a few 1-to-1’s in that case.

Are you sure you not trying to get more money out of us for your kickback??:D;)

How much time do you get on the track & how long is each session?

Normally 7 sessions per group with 20 mins per session…