The advantages of a Givi screen

Someone gave me a Givi screen for my bandit for my birthday in June, and I got round to putting it on the bike eventually.

It adds about 20mph to the comfortable travel speed as I discovered this morning when I glanced at the clock to see that I was doing 110mph up the M1.

I want to get a little fly screen for the SRX, however it’s got the weird offset “made to look like an afterthought” rev-counter. Which get’s in the way, so much above 60 and it feels like i’m in a boxing ring!

any ideas on a remedy?

Simple…change the bike…hehehehe!!!

Edited…

Seriously take a look at M&P or Busters Motorcycle Accessories they do various screens that may do the job.

I quite like the bike, the die hards (now on BMW’s with a whiff of pee and incontinence pants about them) all seem to want to talk at traffic lights about the good old days.

…I quite like the bike, the die hards (now on BMW’s with a whiff of pee and incontinence pants about them) all seem to want to talk at traffic lights about the good old days…

yeah they were great werent they !!

I must object! My brother (occasionally appears on here as Beemerbloke) is perfectly dry and only wets himself in emergencies. Mind, it was close when he first got the BMW and had a terrible shock when he couldn’t find the electric pipe-lighter…

no pipe lighter? what absurdity is this?

Next you’ll be telling me that they don’t throw in a free tartan blanket to wrap around your knee’s when there’s a chill in the air.

yes, the flip screens are scary. I’ve had to take mine off as I was cruising at 120+ on the M11 when with the sport screen I’d do 90mph. Also cooler with the sports screen on too in hot weather, and the bike looks way nicer!!!

I find it a problem on the 675, I’m usually going far faster than I should. Ahem.

But since it has a built in screen, and not a big one at that, there must be something else to blame.

160 kilos v 120 bhp perhaps… LoL

I reckon a nice silver coloured mirrored screen would look cool on it mate!