Textile on leather

Anyone here wear textile jacket with leather trousers?
Since you can’t really get a full waterproof leather jacket i have little choice but ti get a textile but not sure if that mixture will look odd.

That’s my normal setup. Textile airbag jacket and leather trousers. I don’t mind being a bit odd :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I usually wear textile trousers and leather jacket… does that make me weird?

1 Like

Nah, I’ve done that, don’t fit my leather trousers anymore…

1 Like

Nah I sometimes wear a textile jacket with leather trousers and I think I look really really great

2 Likes

I wear leather trousers and textile jacket. I also have textile trousers as well but I feel safer with leather trousers.

1 Like

I always leather bottom and textile top if possible.

1 Like

hey if somebody would make leather trousers for a short fat female I would be first in line with money in my hand.

1 Like

No thats normal actually pretty normal, i wear that even when not on a bike :smirk: but not the other way around

Alright sweet sounds like i will have a new jacket this week! Any photos? :blush:

Thanks everyone!

I guess it depends what you need out of it. I’m an all year round rider so go with textile for both jacket and trousers. I think most textile stuff is pretty good in an off, my RST Paragon 4 stuff survived very well in an off. Plus they are water proof with removable liners so could be stripped down or up depending on weather.

Be interested to know what kit people wear all year round, does one piece of kit do everything?

I have got bike jeans and an AMR shirt for really hot days, not that there are many in the UK.

1 Like

Leathers if it’s warmish. If it’s cold, I’m down with the kids and have my hoodie on over the leathers. And if it’s wet… I’m in my pj’s as no way am I going out in that.

Textile jacket and leather trews is no odder that riding jeans and leather jacket. If your gear offers the protection that you need and fits you well, who gives a stuff about what the convention says about mixing materials?

2 Likes

IMO, it’s all about personal style. While leather jackets may not be fully waterproof, there are some options out there with water-resistant treatments. Plus, you can always carry a lightweight rain jacket in case of unexpected downpours. Speaking of leather care, I recently stumbled upon this website https://vonbaer.com/. They have a ton of valuable information on how to care for leather products and keep them looking great. They even offer some fantastic leather care products that could come in handy.

That’s my normal setup
Only when it goes below 0 do I get out the textile trousers