Test Availability 1st October Onwards

Tests for after the 1st of October (the new 2-part test) are not as yet available. The DSA keep putting our secretary off with exuses.

This means our company cannot book courses starting after 31st September, as we cannot provide tests. We currently use around 16-odd tests a week, but we KNOW we won’t be able to get that many. The ‘super centre’ will be covering a huge area and we’ll be competing with even more schools for tests. I forsee our boss having to pull the plug soon on some of our jobs…

Any comments welcome from other instructors about how far they will have to travel to a new ‘super centre’ and if they have managed to get any sense from the DSA…

I know of a couple of other schools in the area who are having similar problems too. Our jobs are on the line and nobody at the DSA gives a flying ***k. We keep up with their new ‘schemes’ & training (the latest one was having us take another test to see if we are good enough to give post test lessons after their flawed motorcycle test has been passed…) but despite motorcycles offering a quick & easy solution to the congestion and fuel crises, in ‘REAL TERMS’ they just don’t lift a finger to help us put more riders on the road.

Oh, yeah, while we are on the subject, the new two-part test is flawed too and will NOT achieve its objective. They should have had the forthcoming ‘consultation on the future of training’ BEFORE they designed the test. This new test is a waste of the time & money they have poured into it. And, its not even ready on time…

For Sale: One slightly used, DAS, RPMT- registered trainer
Any job to do with riding motorcycles acceptable lol :hehe:

I phoned the place where I took my cbt yesterday to try and book my test for before the end of September but they didnt have any places left, far enough, I didnt actually expect them too. So asked them if I could book to do it after… and they no again. Basically said, they have no idea whats going on after September so couldnt book anything… :crazy: