Teenager jailed for 10 years for acid attacks

Now that’s a more suitable sentance than we usually see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43373719?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

A 17-year-old boy has been jailed for 10-and-a-half years for attacking six moped riders with acid while trying to steal their bikes.

Derryck John, from Croydon, previously admitted carrying out the attacks in the north and east of London on 13 July last year.

He sprayed the riders in the face with a noxious liquid and stole two mopeds before trying to take another four.

One of the victims was left with “life-changing injuries,” police said.

The starting point for one of these offences is 12 years, but when I am dealing with six offences involving acid coupled with robberies it has to be more Judge Lucas
10.5 years

Something doesn’t add up

In December 2017 the same Judge, Judge Noel Lucas QC, sentenced Arthur Collins to 25 years for one corrosive liquid throwing offense, this lad is found guilty of six offenses of throwing corrosive liquid plus another six offenses of robbery and attempted robbery and he’s sentenced to less than half that.

Perhaps that’s the difference between an adult and a juvenile sentence.

In December 2017 the same Judge, Judge Noel Lucas QC, sentenced Arthur Collins to 25 years for one corrosive liquid throwing offense, this lad is found guilty of six offenses of throwing corrosive liquid plus another six offenses of robbery and attempted robbery and he's sentenced to less than half that.
Perhaps that's the difference between an adult and a juvenile sentence.
National Treasure
both classed as juvenile 

Difference in sentence could be down to time already served (ie has already been in custody for 12 months so that is counted as served) and not sure if any previous criminal convictions have been taken into account.

But it is certainly a start, but a long way to go yet.

Still seems like they are getting off lightly compared to having acid thrown in your face.

Long sentence for a juvenile, if he had been 18 it would have been double that.

There’s a good video of him crashing a stolen scooter here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43373719

Does this mean he will be out in 5?

That doesn’t seem fair for the people who will live with the consequences of his actions for the rest of their lives.

So this piece of shit human hurts 6 innocents and only gets 10 years. It’s a start and at least he was prosecuted successfully, well done CPS

Edit: just watched him crash, why am I delighted to see this twat limping away , but equally sad he got up to begin with… 

Long sentence for a juvenile, if he had been 18 it would have been double that.
makman
I doubt it very much 

There's a good video of him crashing a stolen scooter here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43373719
Joby
I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. thanks

Read the article
The judge told John that had he been sentencing him as an adult and had he been convicted after a trial as opposed to having pleaded guilty, the sentence would have been 22 years’ imprisonment