Tech3 lorry kills rider

Well, it’s easy for us to say now how we would have handled the situation. We simply don’t know for sure. The rider could have been trying to get cash out of his pocket or could have been distracted by something else.

Just to say “oh, he probably sat in the blind spot and should have dumped the bike and ran” is oversimplifying the situation. We all know there are hundreds of intricate details that make up an accident.

very true, but give yourself th ebest chance possible. Were vulnerable out there enough as it is. For all we know he was in the correct position but the driver didn’t bother looking. It’s all speculation really.

Exactly what I mean Jaime. Trying to blame the driver or rider doesn’t get us anywhere. Let’s all try and learn from it. And RIP biker :crying:

:frowning:

Its every man for himself out there.

Yes they do, and you are tested on it on your driving/riding test. It just that people have developed their habits to sit close cos they dont feel pressured by the vehicle behind.
Having said that, i had a mini reverse into me on the bike, luckily i had left good enough distance to avoid getting hit, but my first instinct was not to drop the bike and move, nor to use the horn, instead boot the back of her car, luckily lewis stepped in and used his horn! :smiley:

RIP rider. Very tragic.

Entirely truck drivers fault. If you are in your car and you reverse into someone it’s your fault so why would it be any different because you were in a truck?

Having said that it’s a reminder not to sit in the blind spot- even when you’re stopped. If he had been slightly to the side he would most likely have been able to get out of the way…poor chap. :frowning:

If you are driving something weighing twenty tons that is the length of a terrace of houses of course you should check that there is nothing behind you before you start reversing . . . :doze:

I mean - what are the chances of something pulling up behind you - at a toll booth ffs!

R.I.P As it’s a Tech3 lorry, maybe the Rider might have been going to get his phone out of his pocket to take a quick photo to show his mates or something… doing something like that could have cost him valuable time in getting his bike out the way when he realised what was happening.

Blimey. What are the chances. :frowning:

look, whether i had a drink or not - doesn’t matter, out of all people you know that i will say things as they are and as i see them whether or not i’ve had a drink

not exactly a 10 meter gap, but enough to escape if situations like these happen, and yes my tutor told me to leave a sufficient gap when waiting at the lights, which reminds me i should pay them a visit soon and let them know how much of a changed woman i’ve become now (well trying to be anyways), as i was a little tear away when they’ve trained me, but i tell you what this tutor Andy in Motorcycle Cardrome training school in Romford was bloody good, now that i look back onto things that he said to me

oh that is a marvellous thread :smiley:

Exactly, RIP biker.

Its good that its making us think how to avoid the same happening to one of us.

Whose ever at fault, its still such a shame.