Tax, insurance and MOT

Diary

WIFE

Calender administered by secretary

There is no way I would ask my wife to remember my MOT.

Your MOT testing station may contact you for the repeat business but don't bank on it happening because there are too many MOT deals around, mainly Class 4 (cars) but if anyone hears of any Class 2 (mo'cycles) deals then shout them out!
National Treasure
Those nice folks at MAC Motorcycles will do one for £25 instead of the usual £29.65 with the voucher on this page: http://www.macmotorcycles.co.uk/servicing.html

Thanks pat, it’ll cost me more than the savings to get on down to Tooting. Worth posting all the same for the London/Surrey set.

I miss living in London

Debit debit rates provide a substitute for the interest they no longer get from the bank. As savings rates are pants why line their pockets more at little/no benefit to you.

Tax came in at £82.00 which is a standard charge apparently but seemed a little on the high side for a 250 mo’cycle.

MOT full price £29.60 with free Advisories 1) Front discs slightly pitted. 2) Rear disc slightly pitted. 3) Front tyre worn close to legal limit.

Insurance has drifted up to a wallet slimming £96!

A tad over £200.00 all in, if only the Ford came in at similar costs.

Happy days

£82 is for 600cc+

a 250 is only £39

His is a psychophrenic 250

Women eh!

[quote] and they wonder why there are so many untaxed/uninsured vehicles on the roads

T catWhen you tax a vehicle these days they basically tell you that you should just set up a direct debit and not have to think about it again. Both my bikes are on monthly direct debits for tax.

Big Red S
[/quote]

Debit debit rates provide a substitute for the interest they no longer get from the bank. As savings rates are pants why line their pockets more at little/no benefit to you.

brains_t
I pay £6 a year to not have to think about road tax on either of my bikes. That's a benefit to me, and I think it's worth it.

[quote] and they wonder why there are so many untaxed/uninsured vehicles on the roads

T catWhen you tax a vehicle these days they basically tell you that you should just set up a direct debit and not have to think about it again. Both my bikes are on monthly direct debits for tax.

Big Red S
[/quote]

brains_t
I pay £6 a year to not have to think about road tax on either of my bikes. That's a benefit to me, and I think it's worth it.
Big Red S
Same here- both bikes and the car on on direct debit for tax.
Bike insurance is £300 a year for a multibike policy.
No MOT as they are all too new.

£82 is for 600cc+
a 250 is only £39
Pat
Its water cooled with an oversized water jacket ;-)

My advice to you. Buddy, buy each of them separately, it turns out cheaper. You can save money by purchasing a really cheap insurance. Two years ago I concluded a contract with these guys http://www.total-insurance.co.uk and have never regretted. They have simple registration form and cheap services, and I can see, that you will not refuse from this saved money. What is your vehicle? If it is after 2014 then you will have a discount.

My car is tax, insurance , mot & service all on same day