Superbike VS. Supermoto

Arrrrh yes, some days all bikes will be made like that!

I found this on my bike the other week… Bsatards! :angry:

:D:laugh::w00t:

I’ve recently acquired one and got to say its put a smile on my face. OK let’s get one thing out of the way, it definitely lacks the power of what you’re used to, but around town and back roads/twisties it more usable more of the time.handling and braking are also very different but then you’re not going as fast so its relative. I’d like a bit more power for sure, but I’ll trade up to prob a KTM 660/690 if I want a moto again.

I’ve not commuted on it yet but would say across town it will be great, if you do A13/A406 for any length its OK but will be tedious and not right for you. CBR 600f is much better for that type of commuting in my experience. Comfort wise its not bad at all, but it’s not something I’d use for an hour plus, again CBR is much better.

Reliability is meant to be good, it not a stressed motor and v easy to maintain yourself.Oil change takes 20mins and is needed every 3k miles so another consideration dependent on mileage. Tyre wear depending on what you put on seem to be between 1500 -3000 from the other riders say.

Main issue will be keeping the toe rags from pinching it, low security features is an understatement so disc lock, decent chain are minimum. The problem then is where to carry as the only storage is a small tail pack. Fine for me as that just about fits a 12mm chain/lock and then I use a backpack.

Yammy XT660X… aint too cheap to buy as they hold their value, but solid reliable pretty cheap to run bikes, and perfect for the urban commute. I’m running my son’s one at present (seem to have borrowed it on a semi-permanent basis), but will get round to buying another bike sometime soon. Would go for the Yam, but also considering a Beemer G650GS… not that cheap to buy, but good running costs, service intervals, fuel consumption. A workhorse though, could you handle the staid nature of it?

Also some cheap Husqvarnas going at present!

If you’re only commuting, get a drz or an xt660x.

yes, a husaberg is going to cost you, but it would beat anything for giggles.

I’m selling a Husky TE610 that needs a bit of electrical work if you’re interested… Got road and off-road wheels

Hi, I love Supermotos, they’re so much fun in town. I have a CCM R30s (special carbon edition 2004) with only 8000 miles which I’m thinking of selling as I don’t need 2 bikes and could do with the money for the summer. Please PM me if interested with your best offer. SW London.

I can vouch for redlines CCM , tis a good un ,pulls good wheelies , and with the rear shock sorted out :smiley:

Thanks to you. Just to clarify, NumNum will wheelie anything. I wish I could do the same but sadly, no.

Cheers for all offers

Will prob leave it till winter and re-evaluate!