Sunday 8th December Christmas Market rideout (can't promise fish)

Wrong! That’s yer 2nd guess gone, next wrongun you’re paying for more lunch. We could get really fat at this rate, Art & Westie are already buying lunch & pudding:)

How much walking will be involved?

R

Hopefully not much (see little train pic above). Maybe bring a skateboard?

Nah, I’m not sk8 material man…

Any skilled nurse or first aid marshal at presence (just in case).

R

To summarise, This ride, from the Ace will involve a 45 minute ride to Box Hill, followed by a ride of between 1 and 2 hours to our train station. A 100 m walk to our free train will deliver us in 15 minutes to our destined Christmas Market.

We will then have two hours to meet Santa and his reindeer, have lunch, buy presents and take the piss before our return train journey and a frenetic ride home before dark including a twilight ford.:smiley:

sounds enchanting , shame I wont be there, I really cant wait to spend a day in the company of the inlaws.

I’m regretting having washed the bike today… unless I wake up feeling like death (developing a bit of a chest cold) I’ll see you all in the morning.

Dont panic Robert Mr J has qualifications in avalanche search and rescue first aid.Were both trained in first bike on scene and Mrs J has recently attended a resuscitation course and can use a defibrillator.(as long as you bring your own along) She is also a medical secretary so will be able to spell your ailment correctly. Do you think that will be enough?:smiley:

PS should you need CPR, which song would you like from this list to keep the rhythm going?

Staying Alive- Bee Gees

I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Heart and Soul - TPau

Another Brick in the Wall- Pink Floyd

Another One Bites The Dust

Quit Playing Games with my Heart - Back Street Boys

Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd

Five to one - the Doors

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum

Halls of MontezumaNellie the Elephant (chorus)

That is more than perfect.
I would choose Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd as one of not many I know and like.

Final conformation over the text at the morning as I have minicab of my Boss duties.

R

If you want to hear them check out the list:

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/Best_songs_CPR

Martin`s nailed it.:w00t:

But it took us two hours to notice.:blush:

I shall see you at 10.30 at Rykas.

Mmm town that is well known for dentistry, incontinence and you get there on little train… mmm let me see, no don’t know…best come find out then :slight_smile: See you at Box

Ah, got it, Stockholm … I’ll bring my snorkel o_O

Hmmm woke up a little late… can still make it to Boxhill in time, so see you all there.

Aside from my little slide on the way there, made it home safe. Next time I’ll remember not to look at the mud on the corner as opposed through the corner!

Good day out and worth the train ride!

Just 154 miles door to door and fairly mild for the time of year

All the usual suspects gravel, leaves and dollops of mud on damp lanes while riding into the low winter sunshine, not for the feint hearted and a special after dark treat crossing a very slippery Eynsford ford on the way home - lovely jubbly

A ride on a very special seasonal choo choo with all the big kids, a full on roast lamb dinner with festive trimmings followed by an OTT tip for the lady on the cheesecake stall :w00t:

Top job tail gunning and scrapping up the bits by whereisgibson

Looking forward to a jumbo cheeseburger at a greasy spoon next week

Lovely day out, with the Jets’ superb selection of routes and stops. Normally a rideout shouldn’t involve public transport, but it was the highlight of the day!

Thanks to the Jets for organising, and of course to Art for paying at the end.

Glad to see Robert has his HiViz on…so as we can see him in the bushes :smiley:

Well, what a laugh!:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to Martin for tailgunning and Timmy for graphically demonstrating the dark art of target fixation.:pinch:

Nice to see Robert again though he only made it to Box.

We had our fair share of mud, gravel, horses and lanes before our arrival at Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Alas the train was full so we had to walk down to The Pantiles.:ermm:

Once there we met the Reindeer, perused the stalls, watched the Morris Men and ate a mighty fine lunch.:cool:

Art manned up and paid the bill.:w00t:

After lunch we got the train back to the bike park.

Then we returned home via a bit of night time fording.:crazy:

All in all a damn good boys adventure.:smiley:

Net result of my schoolboy error… and also my new profile picture! Also, thanks to the unknown biker to stopped to lend a hand…