Sunday 27th October TOWiE special to celebrate the ending of British Summer Time with a splash

Sunday 27th October a TOWiE Special to celebrate the ending of British Summer Time with a splash :ermm:

Leaving High Beech Tea Hut at 9.00am sharp, that’s 10.00am in real money if you’ve forgot to turn your clocks back. Googlie Maps wotsit here

A full days ride covering 150 miles, 10 Fords, some of the best twisties in Essex and lunch at The Tiptree tea Rooms. The fords are ‘suitable for all’ and do not require a 4x4 or involve any green laning. They range from a damp patch across the road to a proper job photo opportunity ford which has a footpath that leads up to a bridge offering an excellent vantage point for any photographers attending or, for those not wanting to experience a proper ford crossing.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 A moderate paced, non-motorway ride employing the corner man system as required. If you’re unfamiliar with the corner man system watch Andy’s excellent video here. Check your top boxes, tyres, oils, coolant, drive chains, number plates, stators and fuses. Arrive on a roadworthy bike with a full tank of fuel and an empty bladder. Have with you sufficient funds to cover the costs of fuel and nibbles for the day. No Harleys, knobbers, boy racers, girl racers, white line overtakers or late brakers. No cats, dogs, sheep, horses or cyclists. Everyone else, laydeez and top totty welcome, ride safely, at your own pace and enjoy the day. Water wings optional.

A damp patch across the road

Fords with alternative crossings

A proper job photo opportunity ford /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:“Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

and 7 others.

Well leave alone ford’s and I’m in.

R

Do all the fords have a footpath next to them?

Five do and five don’t

The five that don’t tend to be fairly shallow, I can guarantee you’ll end the day a little more splattered than on your last TOWiE MiC sortie

Nothing a jet wash won’t sort out, go on you know you want to, 45 miles of some of the finest twisties in Essex before the first splash :wink:

I’m in.

I’m tempted but not sure I can hack it to be at epping that early…

The KTM needs a bath though… :smiley:

Just out of interest, will this ride be SM friendly (i.e. tank range of 50-60 miles roughly?) :smiley:

Arrive with a full tank and if necessary the route could accommodate fuel stops at 45 mile intervals at Sible Hedingham, Tiptree and Ongar.

ok it’s dependant on a lot of things (house searching, helping girlfriend with work, getting tyres for KTM and others) so won’t put my name down as ‘for sure’ but I’ll let you know the night before if I come :slight_smile:

The long range weather report is open to interpretation

So sarcastically statistically, Mark Twain would have us believe a fine outlook for the day :slight_smile:

We got our quill ouit & put it on the calendar :slight_smile:

Don’t you have a scribe to do all that for you?

Update on the weather

Looking to be dry save for the odd splash :wink:

if i can get the time off of work ill be on this, my bike needs a clean after Ally’s rideout :hehe:

Sun 27 Oct0:002:5911 °c9 °c1.9 mmMod97 %12-34mph1006 mb2133 m 3:005:5911 °c10 °c5.2 mmHvy98 %9-27mph1005 mb1998 m
6:008:5912 °c12 °c1.3 mmMod99 %6-15mph1004 mb1999 m
9:0011:5915 °c14 °c1.3 mmMod77 %10-18mph1004 mb1867 m
12:0014:5915 °c12 °c0.2 mmLgt84 %9-19mph1005 mb1704 m
15:0017:5915 °c8 °c0.4 mmV Lgt50 %10-28mph1007 mb1753 m
18:0020:599 °c6 °c0.0 mm
11 %11-32mph1008 mb1845 m
21:0023:599 °c7 °c0.0 mm
24 %10-32mph1008 mb1976 m

Becky Yussuf whispered it different and besides she’s prettier than you :wink:

Hi Art,

Apologies as I am not coming over to this that often now and hence just saw this… unfortunately this Sunday I am off to see the American Footie at Wembley but otherwise I would definitely be there, sounds like a great ride and training for my IAM.

Have fun and I will try to look out for these in the future.

PS No I’m not an American Footie fan, but someone at work had 2 people cancel on him to join the game and I offered to come in on one of the tickets! Never seen it in real life hence thought it might be interesting

Enjoy the handfootball :wink:

In +1

guys, they have issued a weather warning for sunday just to let you know…:unsure:

Who are they :ermm:

Light rain/showers are forecast to midday :smooooth: