Stolen Suzuki GSX-R 750 blue/white

Tragic. Scum

Just a quick one on CCTV GDPR it only covers corporate CCTV. So as an example if your neighbour had it, they can hand it over without any come back.

Might be useful might not but probably to someone in the future.

2 Likes

Our buildingā€™s CCTV has become impossible because of this. Weā€™ve had break-ins and thefts from our communal bike room and the management company have been utterly obstructive about CCTV footage, hiding behind GDPR. Itā€™s been like pulling teeth.

The answer is to be on good terms (bribe) with the caretaker/concierge.

TBH I just donā€™t see how itā€™s going to help me personally. Footage was sent to the police maybe they will be able to gather from the rest of public cctv where they have went. If someone will waste/invest their time at MET police. For me personally as management has told me White van, with probably cloned/stolen plates, no visible faces. What would I do with that information? Iā€™m sure police will run at least registration check, but what comes afterwards depends how overstretched they are at the moment.

1 Like

Fuck sakeā€¦ this is awful. All that security and stillā€¦

So sorry to hear this @EddieSV. Hope you get back on two wheels with little stress as possible from this.

1 Like

With regards the CCTV, tell them your insurance company will want a copy of it and if itā€™s deleted it could be perceived as them destroying evidence. Might put the willies up them.

1 Like

Not really, I donā€™t have the footage nor Iā€™m responsible for it or have a right to see it. Second it has been sent to MET Police.

If itā€™s already been sent to the Met then job done. You donā€™t actually want it.

I have the recording of the scumbags angle-grinding my bicycleā€™s lock and making off with the bike - courtesy of the caretaker who kindly made an unofficial copy for me - but it achieves nothing. It only remains taking up space on my computer rubbing salt into the wound and reminding me that those scumbags stole my bike.

1 Like