Stolen KTM 690sm near Richmond

Hello everyone, my bike was stolen today (12/12/2016) between 2pm to 6pm at Richmond Green (TW9).

Model: KTM LC4 690 sm (2007) Black and Orange with akra full system. 

Reg: LJ07 PGE small plate.

Unfortunately, I just bought this bike last Monday so I didn’t get a chance to take a photo.

Please keep an eye out guys. Much appreciated!!!

Really sorry to hear that mate. It’s a massive problem atm. What security did you have on it?

I had the Abus Granit Detecto XPlus on the back wheel disc and the KTM immobiliser. This is not good enough I suppose… 

May have just been lifted into a van. :frowning: Good luck, but it’s unlikely to be found. Keep us posted though.

These cunts will take anything if they want it enough. People on here have had some of the best security chains on the market cut through.

Jesus, that sucks Quadzie. I hope you get it back. You never know, if it was kids, it might just turn up.

I used to park around Richmond Green a few years ago, without any issue. But nowadays you can’t leave anything exposed :frowning:

Was talking with a guy at work he had a 2008 r6 stolen a while ago. With factory immobiliser. They started it no problem. There was CCTV from the secure underground car park it was taken from.

The immobiliser even reduced the insurance quote when he added it to the form he was explaining.

The whole industry needs to get involved. But right now no one cares. Is this by far the worst in the UK/London than rest of world? Is the market too small, or just still buying?

I’m not buying anything anywhere near new Amy time soon. Need to replaced for ULEZ, but will get as old 2007/2008 bike.

Most people & riders seem to be unaware of the scale of this theft issue right now.

The problem with theft in general is unless someone gets hurt it is considered a victimless crime!

regardless of the fact our hard work, pride and joy & pockets are smashed! they will do sod all.

Was talking with a guy at work he had a 2008 r6 stolen a while ago. With factory immobiliser. They started it no problem. There was CCTV from the secure underground car park it was taken from.

The immobiliser even reduced the insurance quote when he added it to the form he was explaining.

The whole industry needs to get involved. But right now no one cares. Is this by far the worst in the UK/London than rest of world? Is the market too small, or just still buying?

I’m not buying anything anywhere near new Amy time soon. Need to replaced for ULEZ, but will get as old 2007/2008 bike.

Most people & riders seem to be unaware of the scale of this theft issue right now.

banman
To be honest, compared to London I've never seen any city where riders carry so many security devices with them when they park the bike away from their homes. In Barcelona, Madrid and Paris It's a rare sight to spot a £80 quid abus disclock on any bike, here seems to be the norm, most of people on those cities only use the immobilisers. And yes, they have bike thieves over there too..   My conclusion is that being London an affluent city where you can find all the shiny news expensive bikes, gangs do their shopping here, rather than anywhere else. 

banman
looks like when ULEZ comes in London going to be even better for bike thieves , Tfl making rich pickings making us buy newer bikes just to get stolen?

My plan is just to get a sym CG125 copy and hopefully its not worth nicking!   

Bad luck buddy. There are a lot of cameras around there. Have the police looked?

Bad luck buddy. There are a lot of cameras around there. Have the police looked?
eezie
I have reported it straight away, "luckily" there was a patrol on the same street when I found the empty space where my KTM should've been. They said they will look into it, and gave me a crime ref number 3 hours later...

Sorry to hear about your loss, it is heartbreaking to see the parking spot empty. I do hope the thieves will find their end very soon.

banman
To be honest, compared to London I've never seen any city where riders carry so many security devices with them when they park the bike away from their homes. In Barcelona, Madrid and Paris It's a rare sight to spot a £80 quid abus disclock on any bike, here seems to be the norm, most of people on those cities only use the immobilisers. And yes, they have bike thieves over there too..   My conclusion is that being London an affluent city where you can find all the shiny news expensive bikes, gangs do their shopping here, rather than anywhere else. 
WildBoy
In Barca I didn't see a lot of disc locks, but I did see a lot of scooters with bar-ends attached to the chassis by a massive cable like the one below. 

Attachments

lol well he left the keys in that one! in london they would have a field day

banman
To be honest, compared to London I've never seen any city where riders carry so many security devices with them when they park the bike away from their homes. In Barcelona, Madrid and Paris It's a rare sight to spot a £80 quid abus disclock on any bike, here seems to be the norm, most of people on those cities only use the immobilisers. And yes, they have bike thieves over there too..   My conclusion is that being London an affluent city where you can find all the shiny news expensive bikes, gangs do their shopping here, rather than anywhere else.  WildBoy
In Barca I didn't see a lot of disc locks, but I did see a lot of scooters with bar-ends attached to the chassis by a massive cable like the one below. 
AlexT
Barcelona or Barna, Barca is for the football team. Yet is because they come by default kind of like the old vespas

I had the Abus Granit Detecto XPlus on the back wheel disc and the KTM immobiliser. This is not good enough I suppose... 
Quadzie
Were there any bits of locks on the floor, or did they just lift the whole thing?