STOLEN - BETHNAL GREEN - New Vespa GTS 300 white with top box

Just bought this white Vespa GTS 300, it’s done 60 miles, and it’s been stolen from behind my house in Bethnal Green.  Any info much appreciated.  It’s been reported.  Registration shown in photos.

Can’t believe it as it was chained to a metal bike stand in the ground and had a cover over it!

Attachments

Sorry to hear that, what a bummer.

Angle-grinder to the chain?

Yeah sorry to hear about that. She looks like a beauty.

Sorry to hear that, what a bummer.
Angle-grinder to the chain?
Michael748
Thanks.  I assume not as it was parked about 5m from my bedroom window!  Probably bolt cutters.  These Oxford chains must really be worthless.

Yup, they’re not great… even if that’s how I chain mine. 

I suspect it is probably going to be used for a few smash n’ grabs sadly. Power scooters seem to be the weapon of choice :frowning:

Still, worth having a look round any estates in that area in case it’s been dumped for a bit to see if there is a tracker on it…

that properly sucks dude!

hope you find it will keep my eyes peeled although the number plate has probably already been removed.

The solution isn’t to buy a heap either. My colleague had a POS scooter stolen. He got it back thankfully. The scrotes will take anything.

The solution isn't to buy a heap either. My colleague had a POS scooter stolen. He got it back thankfully. The scrotes will take anything. Joby
Can do that with the ULEZ BS either. This is getting ridiculous.
Still, worth having a look round any estates in that area in case it's been dumped for a bit to see if there is a tracker on it...
This is good advice. Before they can take it to someone who will bypass the immobiliser (if it has one) and repair the steering lock they have to check that it doesn't have a tracker. They'll do this by wheeling it somewhere no too far - because wheeling a bike is hard work - and leaving it for a few days.

Yup, they're not great... even if that's how I chain mine. 
I suspect it is probably going to be used for a few smash n' grabs sadly. Power scooters seem to be the weapon of choice :(
Still, worth having a look round any estates in that area in case it's been dumped for a bit to see if there is a tracker on it...
Serrisan
Thanks for this advice I wish I'd had a look sooner but will definitely do today