StartRescue breakdown cover

Anyone used it before? I’m thinking of getting it for my bike. Seems to offer more or less the same thing green flag does, but for £50 less.

I don’t need european cover, nor do I need any fancy bonuses (e.g. paying to stay in 5 star hotel in case of breakdown). But is there anything in particular I should look out for?

I use AutoAid. I think it stacks up similar but I don’t have s handy tick list to show you.

I use MAG rescue, covers me for Europe for just over £51.00 & you can add a car for a total of just over £70. Drawback is you have to join MAG to get it

I’ve never used them. I used to rely on the breakdown cover that came with my insurance policy but more recently I’ve had the all singing cover from the RAC. I use Tesco clubcard points to pay for it and it works out ridiculously cheap that way.

I use MAG rescue, covers me for Europe for just over £51.00 & you can add a car for a total of just over £70. Drawback is you have to join MAG to get it Tyger800Tim
I would rather walk home than join MAG
I use AutoAid. I think it stacks up similar but I don't have s handy tick list to show you. yourebarred

Benefit from:

A full year’s wide-ranging cover for just £42.35

Free cover for your spouse*

Nationwide 24-hour, 365-day cover

AutoAid Breakdown wide-ranging cover includes:

Roadside assistance

We will arrange help at the scene of the breakdown and will arrange and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start your car.

Car and passenger recovery service to any UK destination

If your car can’t be repaired at the scene of the breakdown, we will arrange and reimburse any reasonable cost of taking the car, you and up to 5 passengers from the place where the car has broken down to any UK destination of your choice.

Home breakdowns

If your breakdown occurs at your home, we will arrange help and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle. If the car can’t be repaired quickly at the scene of the breakdown, we will reimburse the reasonable cost of taking the car to the nearest available garage. The maximum reimbursement under this benefit is ONLY £65.

Emergency travel or overnight accommodation

If, following a breakdown occurring more than 25 miles from home, your car can't be repaired at the roadside or at a garage during the same day and is not recovered to your home or destination, we will refund the cost of onward travel arrangements or the cost of one night’s accommodation for you and up to 5 passengers in a hotel near to where the vehicle has broken down†.

Cover for caravans and small trailers

If your vehicle breaks down, any attached caravan or small trailer will be entitled to the same service as the vehicle as long as it's attached to the vehicle by a standard 50 millimetre (2 inch) towing coupling.

Cover for theft and vandalism

If your car is stolen and recovered, or can’t be driven as a result of damage caused by vandalism, we will refund the cost of taking the vehicle to your home address or to a repairer of your choice.

Message service

If you’ve had a breakdown and help is arranged by the Rescue Control Centre, they can contact your family or colleagues to let them know about the breakdown.

All for just £42.35 a year!

How does AutoAid breakdown cover work?

AutoAid is a pay and claim breakdown cover scheme. If you experience a breakdown, just call our AutoAid helpline and we will arrange for the emergency roadside assistance. You will have to pay for costs and expenses yourself, safe in the knowledge we will reimburse** any amounts covered by this insurance in approximately 14 days.
AutoAid’s breakdown cover is personal based, which means you and your legal spouse or civil partner will be covered in any eligible vehicle you are driving at the time of the breakdown.

I like someone with a firm opinion, good for you

Benefit from......

Absolutely nothing to do with motorbikes Rusty 99
;)