Speed cameras in Limehouse link tunnel

Those cameras have been there way before digital cameras have ever come into being so I think that link is talking kak, it doesnt even have the right number of cameras: its 3 in each direction.

That site is rubbish, I went to look for other cameras I know are definitely digital, not even shown, and the average speed check camera on Tower Bridge, not there either.

You lot are so last year :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a plate hanger that flips the plate over by pressing a button on the handle bar. Smoking :stuck_out_tongue:

All 3 are digital from entrance to exit IN the Limehouse Link :slight_smile:

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/database/gl/gl117.htm

This site seems a bit more correct. Gatso seems to be making digital cameras too. Any chance of them being changed recently? Are they both big yellow boxes?..

So whatā€™s the legality status of those plate flippers?

being a night worker, I regularly use the link, have been flashed twice on same journey/same night coming from west into east, by the first and middle camera, both cameras 2 flashes, I was doing just shy of 80, no tickets ever recieved, yeah I worried for a couple of weeks too, even made me drive a little slower

Ha! Thanks all - Iā€™ve grumped for two days about being flashed but this thread has got me to the point where Iā€™m having a laugh about it.

Itā€™s not really funny as such but if I wasnā€™t laughing Iā€™d probably be greetinā€™ - as my grandmother used to say.

Que sera, and all that guff.

Ok, if they are digital, how come they look the same as they have done for the last 15 years and why getting tickets seems sporadic. Seriously interested

well i saw a number plate that was nr to normal size but was thin as paper and soon as you moved it flipped up in the wind so you could nt see it they can say you gotta have a large no plate but they dont say how its gotta be contrusted do they?

If it was average, Iā€™d be in jail! I used that tunnel everyday, after the 2nd camera heading out of London, Iā€™d be going rather fast.

One of the reasons why itā€™s 15days is because if the bike was borrowed to someone at that time you should be able to still remember who had it.

Iā€™m with you Tanya, thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking the question as well. I just canā€™t see how or why there should be any inconsistency in the issuing of tickets.

Digger is indeed correct (sorry, shouldnt have stated my response so confrontationally), I checked this morning on the way into work, they have been changed to digital, they are definitely not average speed checks end to end of the tunnel. But does not make sense that its intermittent that you get tickets sus

But Sparky, if your ticket does not come within 15 days of the event, you have every right to dispute and not pay it, there is some law about it.

Aye well, it was only last Thursday so plenty time yet.

Humpfffff.

Iā€™ve been flashed (ooer) in there tooā€¦prob about 50mphā€¦not a peep :slight_smile:

I think I got flashed in there once. Nothing ever turned up though so it was fine. I got done for doing 46 in a 40 by a mobile camera van in the Volvo. That was unlucky. I did the speed awareness course which was actually fun.

With respect to your situation you just have to wait 15 days to see if the NIP turns up. Try not to worry about it but you will, that is unavoidable.

When my NIP came through it was about 4 days after the event so I think if itā€™s going to come it will arrive farily quickly. Just hang in there.

ask mr bumbles, he has it down to an art of not paying speeding tickets, and no black marks against his name either

Cheers Joby, Iā€™m putting it out of my mind. Other things to think about, like getting through Mod 2 on Thursday :smiley:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

They have 14 days not 15.