Sort of newbie?

Hi Everybody!

[/imagine a picture of Dr Nick from The Simpsons here]

So, after a rather nasty non-bike-related injury in the summer of 2012 - the time has finally come for me to get back on the horse (…or bike even).  Expect another thread shortly asking for recommendations/help/pointers!

How are we all - what’s new (apart from the forum/my not knowing how to embed a picture of Dr Nick :) ) - what have I missed?  

Heartening to see so many familiar usernames still kicking about - I hope all is well!

Big love

Chris

Attachments

Apparently I could add a picture of him - just not in the right place - happy days!

Hello again Chris

It’s return of the LBers year this year!

howdy

Hi Mr C.   You back on two wheels then :-)   What you thinking of riding?   Still on the 125s?  

Hi Mr C.   You back on two wheels then :-)   What you thinking of riding?   Still on the 125s?  
bluelagos
Hi Nick,

Nah mate - the YBR went years ago - loved that little thing!  

I’ve got a Hornet sat down in my underground carpark looking very sorry for itself … having not moved for a few years, it is more than a little dusty!  

(Part of the reason why I’ve rejoined LB is to look for a couple of recommendations for somewhere to take it/someone who might be able to come and pick it up and give it the once over - but that’s another thread for when I’m not quite so busy with work)

What are you riding now?  Assume you’ve not been tempted back to NG?

Hello again Chris Jetstream
Hi C&J

I heard a rumour that you don’t even have a Triumph any more?  What sort of crazy world am I living in?

Hope you are both keeping well!

Is that the same Mr C (MrsC) who sold junior a CG 125 (LA06 DCU) back in 2012?

Welcome back all the same.

Is that the same Mr C (MrsC) who sold junior a CG 125 (LA06 DCU) back in 2012?
Welcome back all the same.
National Treasure
It would indeed ... which would make you Art!

Is he still on it, or else, what became of it?

Yes, he never got on with mo’cycling so it had to go, sold it on.

Part of me longs to have it back for a to and from work commuter.

Am on a Z1000sx. Love it. Finished in Nigeria 2 years ago, so yeah, I was tempted back for a final time. Also did a stint in Malawi, which is possibly the most boring country in the world, after Belgium.

To get your Hornet checked over, cleaned up, I’d defo recommend Matt at Omc. Not sure about transport though…it’s a self service centre, but Matt holds yer hand.

welcome back Mr!

Ahh there’s a old face from the 125 hooligans that used to frequent the ride outs

Thanks everyone - feeling the love!

Pan - hope you and little ones are well.

CT - I do hope you’ve not jumped over any hedges since the last one :slight_smile:

I’ve finally had time to post my “HELP” thread over here if anyone has any ideas for either mechanics/garages or things that might need attention (although I do realise this is very much a “how long is a piece of string” question) … I’m just trying to get my head around how much of a big job this is going to be/any indication at all of how much of my hard earned £££ I should expect to be parting with

Chris…, Chips?

The only one I know who can go on a big night ride to Brighton with the big boys and girls and the only one to get done for speeding lol

Then there was the tv fame laying on a hospital bed getting told off for swearing in pain lol

Welcome back x

Nope - sorry Ang … wrong one … Northern … glasses, ponytail and beard … had a 125 for ages … bit of a c*nt … that one :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome back all the same!

Lol see, I’m useless with names but remember certain characters lol

Always good to see people back on bikes … (well, mostly) :joy: