So many questions

How, what, why?..

Obviously wrong to make judgement as we are not privvy to the evidence and it is still early days, but these are the sorts of crashes I used to hate dealing with, just on the basis that it probably could have and should have been avoided.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/two-women-killed-after-car-ploughs-into-pedestrians-outside-hospital-in-manchester/ar-AAnZh4p?li=BBoPWjQ

AFAIK, there’s no process by which elderly people get checked for their ability to drive is there?

I dealt with something similar a few years ago, thankfully not fatal though, but so easily could of. An elderly gentleman was reversing out of a car park space and his knee replacement locked, causing him to crash into 3 parked cars and knock down a young lad…

ask BL :smiley:

but seriously, old people should just have the courtesy to get the fuck off.

Are you planning to die before you get old.

AFAIK, there's no process by which elderly people get checked for their ability to drive is there?
me_groovy
Some elder drivers are far better than their younger conterparts and as an advanced examiner for both cars and bikes I see all age groups.

The retest for any age group will not happen anytime soon.  Been there, looked at it and it got rejected.

And don’t pre-judge.  I investigate this sort of thing for a living on a daily basis and without being privvy to all the evidence you cannot make any determination, we will have to wait for the inquest for that, and even then we will only get told what the press want us to know, and do not assume it was driver error.  It may have been a mechanical issue or a combination of the both.  We just don’t know at the moment.

It’s within my best intentions Desi.

[quote] ask BL :D but seriously, old people should just have the courtesy to get the fuck off. --- silveR6 [/quote]
Are you planning to die before you get old. brains_t
Come on Des, they are a menace.   We've all see the pottering along 80+ year old driving at 35mph in a 60 zone in good conditions.  

Course some of them are brilliant drivers, but the issue is there is no “retest” so it basically comes down to them to decide when to hang up their keys.   It gets worse in the sticks too, in London they can use public transport.   Out here, if they lose their car, they lose their independence too…