So long News of the World

Exactamundo! The prolifigation of “celebrity” press is what gets on my tits and as an ex journalist what puts me off such press. Total borrocks to be honest.

as is most of the comments on this thread!

Just got a txt…

Hi, I’m unable to answer my mobile phone at the moment, but if you leave a message, the News of the World will email it to me later.

Made me giggle :smiley:

The public has the got the press it deserves - if they didn’t buy News International’s stupid, nasty, bullying, spiteful comics in the first place this whole sordid affair would never have happened.

The fact that for the last 20 years our elected politicians have been trembling in their shoes before these vile creeps is disgusting and an insult to all of us - it’s only since the Dowler hacking story broke that they have had the guts to stand up to Murdoch.

The idea that selfish conceited spiteful sh1ts who don’t give a crap about anyone but themselves like Murdoch and Brookes feel that they can decide the outcome of our elections (it was the sun wot one it etc) is despicable and vile beyond belief.

In the final analysis it’s the public that consume this trash that need to look in the mirror - if they had any self respect they would attempt to educate themselves by reading proper newspapers that deal with serious issues instead of immersing themselves in the mindless spiteful damaging trash that News International spews out.

I feel the Mash have this nicely summed up.

Good riddance to the waste of paper and ink that was the News of the World.

It wasnt newsworthy, it wasnt journalism, it wasnt in the public interest. It was a comic that made it interesting to some sectors of the public, not to be confused with ‘in the public interest’.

Mudoch’s clever of course, find a market and expoit it. Stuff gossippy bull down the consumers’ throats and have them gagging for more. It sold because there was an appetite for it and there always will be in societies. Its was gutter publication produced by a gutter business by gutter humans (not journalists) - the lower these criminals and low life lazy scum stoop, the happier they are. Why are we surprised these days?

Expect a re-hashed version to appear very soon. Its good business and some greedy fecker out there wants some.

Good comments BI, exactly sums it up.

They werent averse to rather a good picture of some nice tits, however :smiley:

And hello Sun on Sunday?

It had tits! :smiley:

Let face it, they were wrong. But they were the ones who got caught. I’m very sure most papers are running similar scams, and will be very cautious in the future. Spitting image had it right years ago, the way they were depicted! lol

Indeed. If the public had any shred of intelligence or deceny they would stop buying these papers, there’s plenty of other sources to read about the latest idiot who has crawled up Jordan’s diseased snatch.

aint it funny how ant colonies show signs of complex intelligence through sheer numbers. the human race reduces to simple dumbness in numbers…

RATM got it about right with their summary of the ‘media’

“No escape from the mass mind rape
Play it again jack and then rewind the tape
And then play it again and again and again
Until ya mind is locked in
Believin’ all the lies that they’re tellin’ ya
Buyin’ all the products that they’re sellin’ ya
They say jump and ya say how high
Ya brain-dead
Ya gotta ****’ bullet in ya head”

Spot on. :slight_smile:

I have just this very evening launched a brand new paper called ‘World of the News’, aided by some rather nice 9 year old oaky Champagne, discovered in a long lost cabernet of Miss Havisham’s empty house.Please feel free to PM me for further details (and I promise no phone hacking and no Murdoch either;))On a completely different and purely aesthetic track - hasn’t Rebecca Brooks got absolutely amazing hair? (Despite being Murdoch’s lackey;))

I bought my copy of the last edition, who knows, in 50 yrs time it might be worth something :wink:

on a side note, after all the advertsers pulled out from them it was a pleasure not to have asda, tesco and dfs sofa ads on every page. just a shame it had no news either :crying:

Not to mention the “The Truth” headline printed by those cunts at the Sun - stating that the fans pickpocketed the dead. The Sun is no better than the NotW. Scum bag journos.