Snow

Well, I guess that puts things into perspective… This was a while back but I remembered it today

Attachments

Shock news as region that frequently and regularly experiences extreme cold and snow fall deals with it rather better than regions that don’t.

You really do like to just burst every bubble with reality, don’t you :stuck_out_tongue:

P.s. I’m reliably told that -50 is nothing like -25!

Whatever the point, he’ll take the opposite, just for fun. It’s nothing personal, it’s just his hobby.

Also it is only a square mile with 500 inhabitants, so the transport system failing there just means someone has a hole in their boots.

Lol

Oh when I was at school in Oslo we never had a day off due to weather… then I’m moved to the UK and was overjoyed when it happened.

hmmm… but isn’t it always snowmobile weather in Russia? - the uk’s weather changes like a woman changes her mind.  only a few days ago I was enjoying some 12c weather now its bloody -3.

I remeber looking at forecasts  for my wife’s town (a city on the borders of Siberia just before the Urals) before she went on a trip (or while she was there, don’t remember) one day it was -3, the next -20 something…  And it can do that a few times. In the summer it can be +25 - +30 for a lot longer than in the UK.

However it is consistently cold in the winter but it can fluctuate as to how cold it gets.

Yeah I know… I purposefully didn’t want to argue back that you could hardly call the UK cold ‘extreme’… It happens every year at least a couple of times and was forecasted early enough. And a couple of inches of snow is hardly Armageddon

It’s neither personal nor just taking the opposite point; I just think it’s a really tedious point to make and it gets made every time it snows, and always twisted into some sort of “man up and drive into work anyway” sort of thing which just ends up with more pileups and less useful roads.

It was just meant to be some light humour.

If we are being serious - on the contrary I don’t think it’s about manning up. More likely that taxes are needed to develop (or use) infrastructure to deal with such events.

It's neither personal *nor* just taking the opposite point; I just think it's a really tedious point to make and it gets made *every* time it snows, and always twisted into some sort of "man up and drive into work anyway" sort of thing which just ends up with more pileups and less useful roads.
Big Red S
Couldn't agree more with you. Heck, people live in igloos - so why cant we?

Just to clarify to those who did not read, I (or this post) never made that point. You just assumed it.

I think its people as well .
My father’s generation would go out prepared . Snow chains . Small shovel .
And this was in rwd drive cars.
People have noability to drive in the snow relying on inadequate 4x4 systems which coupled with peoples haste and piss poor planning leads to the issues we see .
The council are only able to do what they can. Again they are humans who have to get to work to allow others to get out and moan their journey is slippery etc .

I think its people as well . My father's generation would go out prepared . Snow chains . Small shovel . And this was in rwd drive cars. People have noability to drive in the snow relying on inadequate 4x4 systems which coupled with peoples haste and piss poor planning leads to the issues we see . The council are only able to do what they can. Again they are humans who have to get to work to allow others to get out and moan their journey is slippery etc . TimR
My father was the same.  However the last two cars he has not bother with snows or the shovel, simply because we don't get the weather.  We haven't had much snow in the South East in years.

It's neither personal *nor* just taking the opposite point; I just think it's a really tedious point to make and it gets made *every* time it snows, and always twisted into some sort of "man up and drive into work anyway" sort of thing which just ends up with more pileups and less useful roads. Big Red S
Couldn't agree more with you. Heck, people live in igloos - so why cant we?
CBR500R commuter
Because it's difficult to find good mounting points for the radiators and the central heating boiler.