Sneaky little GPS tracker

Now here’s a good idea, a GPS tracker you can hide in plain sight under the seat but also gives you the ability to remotely shut off the fuel pump if the bike is nicked.
Mini Relay Gps Tracker Car Gps Locator Cut Off Fuel Hidden Design Gsm Car Tracker Google Maps Track Shock Alarm Free App - Gps Trackers - AliExpress?

1 Like

that’s a great idea.

The problem in the UK is you cut the fuel which causes that person to crash or get injured you’re the one in the firing line.

Otherwise I’d have one of those in a second!

It would just splutter and conk out as if you ran out of fuel, wouldn’t stop instantly

Who’s to say that’s what causes an accident if someone is riding a stolen bike.

Think I’d take my chances with the fuel cutoff.

“Faulty fuel pump officer that I was about to get fixed before it was stolen”… :wink: I think its a great idea …

1 Like

Some unscrupulous person may even wire it up to a heating element attached to the base of a shotgun cartridge under the petrol tank. Of course, that would be a terrible thing to do.

Nice idea for hiding a tracker although at 31 x 31 mm it is a little larger than a regular 26 x 26 mm automotive relay. As for cutting the fuel off most motorcycle alarms do this. Isn’t it better to cut the fuel off when parked up if it stops the bike being stolen, why not shut the gate before the horse has bolted?

and don’t follow the installation diagram which details it wired into the oil pump!!

Now if only they could create one to cut the fuel to the van that was taking it away.

It is a clever idea nonetheless… Things are getting smaller and smaller.

1 Like

I noticed that; I presume it’s a typo for Fuel Pump.

It should indeed read fuel pump which speaks volumes of the companies experience and expertise in the automotive industry!

This cheap little gismo is a good idea for concealment but nothing more than that. A cheap little gismo that the phrase ‘you get what you pay for’ was coined for. As I said before if you like the idea of cutting off the fuel supply then why not fit an alarm that does just that but before the motorcycle is stolen and without any interaction from you or reliance on a mobile phone signal! If you want an alarm fit an alarm, if you want a tracker fit a tracker.

1 Like

Because alarms have been proven to not act as any deterrent.

What sort of thief doesn’t find an alarm a deterrent but is dependent on a working fuel pump?

My point was an armed alarm should already have the fuel system disabled making the added feature of little use. Now if you don’t have an alarm using the gizmo to disable the fuel pump has some value with the added benefit of being able to track your pride and joy should it be stolen. The downside being that it unnecessarily overcomplicated in that it requires a SIM and is reliant on the mobile network.

and it’s assuming that they require the bike to be running to take it away

that too

IIRC most high end bikes that are stolen are bundled into freezer vans (themselves probably stolen), so that any alarm system is a) muffled, and b) hidden from the phone networks.

If they want it, they’ll take it. :frowning:

as sad as that is, that is the truth.

1 Like

Aceman
Some unscrupulous person may even wire it up to a heating element attached to the base of a shotgun cartridge under the petrol tank. Of course, that would be a terrible thing to do.

That would be nasty. Under the seat is where you want it.

I like your thinking.