Silly English place names.

A chap I worked with got married there … only invited 2/3 people from the office and we were under strict instructions not to let on to anyone else what was going on because he was a bit of an eccentric like that … anyway … there was a running joke for months afterwards whereby we’d randomly say Cockermouth then the guy’s face would drop and we’d giggle like schoolgirls …It is a very pretty place though

In Stonesfield (Oxfordshire) there is a “**** Shoot Close” and in Lincolnshire “Spittle in the Street”

it always makes me smile that Helmet City is situated in Beaver World:w00t::smiley:

I once drove through the village of W@nk in southern Germany!

Do you think people who live there are known as W@nkers?:smiley:

Hanover Place, from here a straight path leads between two steel barred* gates situated under brick built arches. Just makes me laugh thinking of a flatfish lying on the seabed wishing it had partaken more parsimoniously the night before! (Hangover Plaice) *but they will not be locked when you need to enter

Just south of Maidstone is the hamlet of Loose, nothing too dodgy there until you pass the big sign advertising the location of Loose Bowls club. At that point I start giggling and riding rather erratically.

:smiley: OK may not be english but had me laughing:D

There’s a road called ‘Straight Bit’ near me and people think I’m giving crap directions when I say ’ Go left and down the Straight Bit’ then turn right…’

In sidcup, kent is this address for Pond Farm Kennels

Bunkers Hill,
Cocksure Lane
DA?? 5EX

Honest!

Like it!! :smiley:

Fannymoor Crescent - Huddersfield.

Cockchott Lane _ Leeds

I know it well. Flackwell Heath that be.:slight_smile:

there’s a Gaggingwell north of Oxford.:smiley: