Sidi or Alpinestar ???

[quote]
Pat (03/09/2007)

Walking…Slowly…Let’s be realistic mate :smiley:

If you go for daytonas, decide which style/size you want by trying them on somewhere then get online and buy them from the Germans. I got my Winners for £150 delivered instead of the £220 they go for over here.

Blagged my Daytona Security Evo’s from Ebay for peanuts, they are so good I do not think I will ever buy anything else.

Style, Null Points, Safety, 10.

My Sidi Corsa boots are not the quality I thought they should be for what they cost, when I dropped the bike the rounded part of the foot peg caught in the boot and ripped a hole in them, if they rip like that then I don’t fancy relying on them in a major off where they are in contact with anything sharp.

Would definately look for another make when I change them. The sole is also wearing out very quickly given that they spend 98% of their time on the footpeg not walking around.

Why you change your name? :smiley:

Yep, that’s how I think…Might flog them on ebay…If anyone wants some just over a year old Sidi Vertigo Corsas in black and red for £120 or very near offer then let me know.

:smiley:

I’ve had a pair of Alpinestar SMX for 3 years now and they’ve been great. Really comfortable and ok in the rain (not ridden in anything too heavy really).

Likewise though, they squeak like crazy :crazy:

Alpinestars, just becasue you should…

Between Sidi Vertigo/Vertigo Corsas and A* Supertech do both provide the same level of safety ? A* seem more popular with MotoGP/(W)SB riders, is this more due to sponsorship rather than choice ?

Are you going to be in a motoGP crash? I don’t know about the crash protection, apparently there aren’t any real standards that clothing manufacturers have to adhere to for motorcycle gear.

Try them both on in a shop to get an idea of fit and comfort, then find the cheapest price on t’internet.

I’m a Sidi shaped foot person myself. My Vertigos fit like a glove :o

I’ve had Sidi black rains that wore out quick through too much foot dragging in London traffic. I use fleaBay bought Vertebra 1’s for commuting purely for the fit and comfort. They’re gash in heavy rain but, meh.

I found Sidi were the only comfortable boot I could find but you nee to try different boots on for yourself.

My Black Rains are now in need of replacement but they’ve done me 18months and over 20,000 miles of biking including 2 month tour of europe where they did most of my walking too and a track day at snetterton where the toes got a good scrapping (no sliders).

My Sidi Vertigos are also comfy but with a slightly less roomy toe box so not as good for miles of walking. Recently I took a car wheel to the foot that bent my gear change lever double underneath my foot but I walked away without a bruise… highly recommended under the circumstances :wink:

ive got a pair of sidi vertigo corsa’s and they are brill wouldnt change them for anything. gofor the sidi’s

Me to, great bit of kit. Very well made and feel very safe.Tried on sidis before i decided, completley diferent fit.

I went for Vertigo Corsas in the end (in White :D)

My other pair of Sidi boots which I bought for the winter because they’re supposed to be waterproof, aren’t waterproof :angry: They let enough water in to wet the front of my foot, which then got cold and stayed cold all day. My experience of Sidi given both pairs of boots is expensive crap.

looking at those you must be a wee boy with narrow feet like all Italians

Go Sidi!

I went to the shop and tried both Alpinestar and Sidi. I decided for Sidi (I prefer the style). Today, I first tried them on the bike and find quite difficult to change gear. I was lucky I had my shoes on the rucksack. Probably it is because I never used boots before, and I need to get used.

Ema

Give them a couple of weeks.

Did you have difficulties with bending the ankle or rather you can’t find the gear lever?

in bending the ankle!!

Ema

so they should get softer, I have vertebras and they’re fine, try to walk them a bit, it’s not comfortable but faster