Shame - TfL congestion charge policy changes.

:slight_smile:

Hey guys lets head on out for nice cuppa coco!!Maybe we can put the world to rights, I hear that dam congestion charge is a real painā€¦ Geeze louise!!

I believe the original idea behind the Congestion Charging was to reduce the pollution from exhaust emissions by reducing the traffic. Low emission vehicles are a part way solution to the problem hence the exemptions/discounts from the charges. Not sure where motorcycles and blue badge holders fit in with the theory.

Got to be honest 1down5up has got some good answers considering the questions we get about speeding and this:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Update.

So good news :slight_smile:

R

Awesome news - congrats!

I thought that might happen as they are not total ba5tards and their helpdesk is pretty good. Pretty obvious it wasnā€™t intentional on your part. Plus you wouldnā€™t have received an email like registered people do because you vehicle was exempt.

From above regular diesels (of the non ultra efficient variety) were never exempt as I have one. You get stung on your residents permit for driving a diesel for the soot I think. When the Western CC extension still existed I lived in it and it was pretty cool as there was less traffic and as a resident you only had to pay 10% which was about Ā£4 a week.

I personally donā€™t feel that percieved ā€œgreenā€ cars should be exempt as itā€™s a congestion charge not an emmissions charge. The conditions seem to be a farce too. When Clarkson was zooming around in that tiny car which must have had a 250cc engine, that car had to pay the congestion charge. The V6 Lexus hybrid they used to film it didnā€™t though.

With regards to posting humorous picturesā€¦I think the half term holidays will be over soon.

Oh should the title of this post be changed from Shame to Neutral, or even praise?

Yes it should :frowning: I canā€™t do it, maybe someone with powers above the mortals could do this.

Regarding to your previous post, I agree, all the green-er car is a bā€¦t I donā€™t mind to pay CC as long as I know I have to. They were understanding and fair (which I hoped for but did not expected). And as Iā€™m using car to go to work less than 10 times a year is not end of the world to pay CC.

R

Looks like common sense hasnā€™t totally disappeared!

Congrats on obtaining a sensible outcome.