(shame) FWR TYRES, SE11.

Just wondering, does the aircraft industry have the same level of quality control as FWR?

I don’t think so, how many would have died as a result?

I just used protyre in slough ( loose wheel) , the mechanic inspected the wheel infront of me , said there are no marks on the rim however i cannot garuntee that there might be a slight mark if i have to take the old clip on weight of , the wheel came back new weight no marks and fresh grease on the wheel bearings, 20 quid cheaper then my local place aswell,

Did you know that aircraft tyres are remoulds?

How funny…this is my first post here and it’s a moan!! I just wanted to add my 2p’s worth. They fitted tyres to my Mille and as always when someone else gets there hands on my bike I had a pre-flight check before I rode off. Hey presto…fork pinch bolts not even slightly done up and rear wheel about a yard out of line. The thing that pissed me off the most was that they tried to blame me for the rear wheel alignment…even tho’ the rear axle was about a cm away from being up against the adjuster !! WTF The tyres are cheap…but guess what…so are their mechanics!

Anyway…I’m off to post something more humourous in General.

First post gives a flip side of the coin. I had a rear tyre fitted to my Honda CA125 end of February this year. Good price and they did the job fine first thing in the morning. Probably helped that there was no one else there!

BUT the customer service side of things was crap. They totally ignored me when I asked for quotes for my FJ1200 and were patently uninterested in displaying any common courtesy at all. I’ve taken my FJ elsewhere and it cost me less than FWR ended up quoting me. So I’ll be off to Lincoln each time I need tyres as my brother is up there anyhow. MOT and Tyres sorted in one place each time.

Is the burley guy the boss? He seems totaly un intrested in the job.

Essential Rubber, good prices and good service.

25-27 Downham Road
London N1

Just north of the Shoreditch one way system, about fifteen minutes ride from the FWR hellhole.

Ditto, never had a bad job there.

Cheers Mark.

Always had mine done at Watling Tyres in Catford.

Good bunch down there an they have always done a good job. Can get busy so you sometime have to wait a while but there is a great little cafe just round the corner.

I’ve only had tyres fitted there once a couple of years ago. I think the point about checking other peoples work is valid. My chain was far too tight. I couldn’t be bothered to adjust it there and then as I’d been waiting round for a while and did not want to do it on the street so rode home and then sorted it. It seems they just slap the tyres on and stick it back in, no thought about adjusting. I’ve had tyres fitted to wheels after that but last time I went to another shop in Kingston, Kingston Tyre Centre I think, they fitted the rear wheel on backwards. Took about 3 weeks and someone else (professional mechanic) to point it out. Then another couple of trips back to get it sorted, as they wouldn’t take it off my bike, I had to bring loose wheel in again. Takes the p!ss really…

Choice is, either go somewhere cheap and deal with the hassle or go to a stdeal and pay the extra forty odd sheets to make sure you get it done properly.

I’ve been there a few times and not had problems myself…Just had some Diablos fitted to the R1…I only spoke about having the forks set up correctly and didn’t really request it, but the job had been done anyway.

Nice guys…Bob Collins (superstock winner) is a top bloke to talk to and that other guy softly spoken, again top bloke.

They do have a super quick eastern european guy working for them…He fits double the amount of tyres as everyone else, and maybe this is where errors occur.

I’ve not had a problem, but a mate of mine didn’t have his rear axle nut tightened properly and only discovered it when the bike went sideways coming home from a 150 MPH run round Matlock on his CBR 600.

I can only recommend that you check your bikes before you leave any garage as mistakes happen…Or do as much work on your bike yourself…Tyre fitting kits aren’t too expensive.

I think from a personal perspective, that since they had a total-change of staff, it’s all good. Bob sure does liven the place up.

yeah bob is a dude…

i just take my wheels in and get um to put boots on.

cheaper to

I use FWR as they are 30 seconds away from me.

Used them a couple of times in the last few months and they’ve been as good as gold, no problems at all.

yeah i would also rate watlings in catford. went in with the loose wheels, they were really quick and they tyres were cheap too, i know where i will be going back to for the next set

I used FWR again last week to put in new front pads as I haven’t had time at the mo and it was getting a bit dubious - I needn’t have worried. They did it in my lunch break, I didn’t have to book, just turned up. New pads were in stock and reasonably priced, when the mechanic checked the pistons and thought they needed replacing he took me into the workshop and showed me where they were corroded before giving me the option to replace them or not. They had those in stock too. Put it all in, bled the system, charged me 3/4 of an hour labour. I checked the bike over before riding away (as I always do anywhere) and no problems. Good job.

Mods,

Would it better to change the title of this post - it seems to be praise at the moment, not shame as suggested by the post.

Just a thought

I agree with this…

When I had the tyres fitted Bob was telling me that he was disappointed about the stuff written about FWR on here.

He said it was strange since Jay still came in now and then

I think mistakes are made and generally they do good work.

Stuff on here needed to be said though because it’s probably made them up their quality control.

I disagree. Start a new praise thread.

Yep, start a new thread titled praise. It would be wrong for a mod to to re-name the original thread. We need to keep a balanced view.

However, it’s great to see that positive changes have been made at FWR.