Shame - FWR Kennington

ok those guys have good reviews MOST of the times. l had 1 (out of 3) positive experiences so lm gonna share shit stuff

had my both tyres done and some other bits and pieces (heated grips and service all cost around 300), good quote, but woke up to a flat tire following morning, pain in the ass - took bike back, as it happened they damaged valve when putting the tire (left old one in) instead of changing it to new one (as l was told “most of the time we replace it” …so why leaving it on this 10yo bike then…?!) free to fix it as it was their problem, pain in the ass to transport bike to the garage

came back for more - had my battery & rectifier done as bike wouldnt start one beautiful morning. thought it would be a cheap job, ended up 200 quid. TODAY l woke up to dead bike - yes l left it for a week standing but cmon, AND on top l have clutch stopping my back wheel from rolling so cant kick start it 

l am going back SINCE something is freaking wrong and l didnt spend 200 for nothing. 

I’d suggest that you stay calm when you go back there, and tell them what has occured.  I’d be very interested to hear how they deal with you.  

In business, how problems are dealt with tells you a lot about each business.  If they can reasonably prove that it was not their fault, you won’t be emabarassed about having shouted at them.  If it is their fault, and they own the problem correctly, that will make you feel better about them, and you’re likely to use them again.  But if it is their problem, and you’ve gone in there with your guns (mouth) blazing, they are not going to want to help you out, or are less likely to want to help you out.

I once read a negative issue about FWR many years ago, on www.thelondonbikers.com , something about them putting brakes back together incorrectly.  I rang them and asked them about it, I was simply told “Phuck off” and the phone was slammed down on me.  As a directly result of that, I’ve never considered them for business.  I understand that it is now a completely different set of people in there.  So depending on how they deal with you, would now influence whether I would consider their services in future.

Another thing to consider after you have given them the fair opportunity of dealing with the problem, if you believe they are at fault and are not helping you, is to complain to their council’s trading standing officer.  You may also find out if the TSO have many complaints about them.

Got loads of stuff done with the fazer there recently. They were very pleasant, professional and thorough. Sorry to hear you had issues with them.
They also fixed up my scottoiler mount when they didn’t have to.
Had my rec/reg done somewhere else for 140 quid so that + battery for 200 doesn’t sound too bad to me.

There was a change of staff a few years back after the owner died. BOB is now the main man and I would ask to speak to him direct. Now be careful on when you pop in. Try NOT to do it at ‘peak hours’, namely pre-9am, 12noon-2pm, or 4:30 onwards. At these times, he’s simply juggling and is quite ‘blunt’. However if you go in outside of these times, he’ll look to rectify your lost trust in them …

I ALWAYS mention I’m a member of the London Bikers and state that the feedback continues to be good - which pleases him … mentioning that you’ve ranted or about to rant may also help bring the matter to a positive conclusion.

Best of luck

Sorry to hear this. I went there a couple of weeks ago for new rear pads and whilst there bought a can of my favourite oil (300V). I was amazed when the owner (?) tried to persuade me not to buy it as it was expensive and top quality, and something cheaper would be more appropriate for my bike (Bandit 1250), despite this reducing his profit, therefore putting my interests before his own. Also he was unsure what size sump plug washer I needed so just gave me both sizes and charged for one. I know that’s not much expense for him but it was a nice gesture, and removed the possibility of being given the wrong size which is what happened to me once at another central London bike workshop.

I ended up getting the 300V anyway, bike’s a month shy of doing 80k miles with complete engine and gearbox reliability - both still feel brand new - so far so keen for that to continue to 100k!

FWR is a very good shop from my experience so I hope and am confident that you get your issues resolved soon. Wise advice to avoid busy periods.

my bike was brought from A LB member who always had it serviced @ FWR & I have kept up that tradition

I’ve stuck 45k miles on it since I’ve had it with no problems  with the bike or the servicing

only the quickshifter packed up one day

So your advice Wise is … don’t buy a Quickshifter …??? LOL

So your advice Wise is ... don't buy a Quickshifter ...???? LOL IanWilliamson

its not really worth it for you as they should only be used above 6k revs

& your revcounter needle would get a nose bleed above 2k revs

Now you know you’re only jealous … come on admit it … you’d much prefer a zx10r  :-) 

your right I think there fantastic bikes

id be frightened to ride yours as you still running it in lol

If you start playing nice … I’ll let you stroke it

When taking the bike to the shop:

1 - Call first and tell them about the problem
  2 - Ask for an estimate in time and money

Buy a battery conditioner if you don’t ride the bike that often, it will save you some troubles.

When taking the bike to the shop:

1 - Call first and tell them about the problem
  2 - Ask for an estimate in time and money

Buy a battery conditioner if you don’t ride the bike that often, it will save you some troubles.

WildBoy
I carry a portable jump starter in my bag just in case :D

nah l wont shout at them lm not some crazy dyke :slight_smile:
l phoned to say lm coming, they remember the bike and job. lets see how much £££ it will be this time… freaking old bikes! but with new battery l would think all should be good. 

I carry a portable jump starter in my bag just in case :D
ILikeTurtles
l just got new battery fitted ; surly no need for that....one would think....! :)

I’ve used then for years and had mostly very positive experiences. I have had one or two not so good (where things weren’t properly reattached for example), but as I’ve been going there for years I easily forgot those issues.

I always dealt with Bob or Chris. Haven’t seen Bob a while though.

Recently took the bike in and they were great. Older guy I’ve not seen beforebefore but he was very welcoming and helpful.

I usually have a good experience there but once they did a set of tyres for me they forgot to tighten my rear axle nut and I went straight to the iom like that? It was only once there that someone pointed out that the nut was about 2 turns from falling off :confused:

I usually have a good experience there but once they did a set of tyres for me they forgot to tighten my rear axle nut and I went straight to the iom like that? It was only once there that someone pointed out that the nut was about 2 turns from falling off :/ Jaime
Crickey, you could have died!

yeah l feel like they have more experience with sports bikes. my old cruiser is playing up since lve been using those guys. so lm going elsewhere now