Shame: Adrian Flux Insurance

Terrible customer service and dozy bints in a call centre that have no idea what they are doing.

Posted all my documents to them then get a shitty text saying my policy is in danger of being cancelled unless I send them my docs. One phone call and a heart attack later and I’m faxing them in instead. All sorted…

Then a shitty email - we are going to cancel your policy unless you send in your documents. Another phone call (“I spoke to Chloe at xx AM on the xx of Sept” - always get their name! ;)) - oops, it was sent in error, don’t worry about it.

Then a letter - WE HAVE CANCELLED YOUR BIKE INSURANCE. SEND BACK THE CERTIFICATE - along with a bunch of scary legal stuff about the Road Traffic Act. Another phone call citing who I spoke to both times and saying I had proof I sent it previously, a follow up phone call, another fax, another phone call and eventually it is all sorted. Still worried I’ll get an email tonight saying ‘we are about to cancel your insurance…’ :rolleyes:

Not worth the hassle, going somewhere else next year.

Yes Adrian Fux is pants, but they were the only affordable option when we had our campervan. I have had a lot of administrative problems with them in the past, like they say one price and then they change it. I’ll be going elsewhere next year.

[quote]
Pskyho (15/10/2009)

Terrible customer service and dozy bints in a call centre that have no idea what they are doing.Posted all my documents to them then get a shitty text saying my policy is in danger of being cancelled unless I send them my docs. One phone call and a heart attack later and I’m faxing them in instead. All sorted…

quote]

I had exactly the same but sent them the same email to their contact@ address from 4 of my emails accounts lol! you can say that they defo got my paperwork (even tho I was with them last year!) and everything is fine now

:hehe:

Bit more shame for these shysters.

Moved last week, literally 100m up the road. Went from parking on the street to a secure underground car park.

Am I living at a worse postcode? No (they confirmed this). Is my bike more secure? Yes. Do I get a discount on my insurance as a result? Of course I don’t!

I’m with these people, will update this thread soon when i try to cancel my policy midterm, should be fun :smiley:

Park on the street, park in a secure car park, no difference. Heh!

Does my head in this sort of thing, my policy with them didnt even start.
I set it to start in 3 days. I told them I had 0 NCB and then they asked me to send a copy of my lisence and I faxed a copy over to them. They were happy but then added £50 to the policy as at 18 they realised I was on a restricted lisence (ummmm… derrr)
So I told them to cancel it. They said they would take off £35 of it and I told them I can get a better bargain from MCE so am taking my business there instead and they gave me ALL of my money back.

I’ve just forked out nearly 700 quid with this lot, the certificate is on the way and they haven’t requested any documents from me. Think i’ll call them tomorrow.

i was with them last year, bike written off (not my fault) got a hire car then got what i paid for the bike back in about 2 months bobs my uncle

swings & roundabouts

Hmmmm. So maybe all the **** they give you is worth it if they actually deliver when it matters…

In their defence, I have to say that I haven’t had a problem with them, although I haven’t had to claim either. What I have used at least half a dozen times is their recovery service bundled with the policy (no impact on premiums). And they’re the only insurers willing to even think about insuring a custom-built trike. So they’ve been good for my particular situation.