Selling my trusty 2004 Hornet 600

So in the process of realising that house works are way more expensive, and we have entirely too many vehicles for 2 people, its time for the Hornet to find a new home.

its a 2004 Hornet 600 in black with a pretty fruity Mivv can.  Its on 42k miles currently.  

Great town bike in particular as you can park it in a bay, and it actually be there when you get back (novel these days).  Remarkably reliable/bullet proof machine.  its in pretty good condition given age and mileage.

Looking for £1,500 for it.  Auto trader has a few on there currently with lower mileage for £2,500

Only had a chance to do a quick snap of the bike last night.  Will try and sort some more pictures soon.  

Give me a shout if you’re interested!

Attachments

wow that is a very good price! 42k is nothing for a Hornet. in my old nest days there we a couple guys that went up to 100k with no issues

yeah the hornets are super reliable.  I think a lot of people just aren’t used to seeing bikes that get daily rides.  I think the hornet is probably the bike equivalent of the Hilux - bloody hard to kill them!

just as an additional note I’ve just noticed theres a weird reflection on the tank - there no damage, its just a strange trick of the light!

yeah the hornets are super reliable.  I think a lot of people just aren't used to seeing bikes that get daily rides.  I think the hornet is probably the bike equivalent of the Hilux - bloody hard to kill them!
just as an additional note I've just noticed theres a weird reflection on the tank - there no damage, its just a strange trick of the light!
johnnybravo
Yeah, anything with that Honda 600 engine is tough as nails.  Remember two articles in different bike magazines did tear downs and measurements one of a 130K engine, and one where they ran it for 26K miles with no service.  Neither showed any issues, apart from some variance on the valve adjustment but actually not enough to warrant changes.  Really really good example of both Japanese and specifically Hondas engineering.

I’d take it but just bought a house and need to keep funds to furnish the place :roll_eyes:

use it as an armchair! Have your dinner off the tank. )

Haha I might not make it alive to move in if I did that!

my 2008 hornet has 60k on the clock. no problems at all. bulletproof engines on those!

Have you sold this yet Ben?

hey mian - nope, been so swamped with work just put it on here and its been on a back burner.  You got someone in mind?

we’re doing work on our house too Curtis hence why it has to go :wink:

PM sent