self service workshop help needed

Hi guys,

I am posting this topic because I believe I will never become a real biker only a motorcyclist if I don’t know how to service my own bike. However, I am facing a huge problem and hope some of you guys can help.

now the summer is here and I want to get my bike serviced so it will ready for some ride outs and the easiest way is to pay someone to do it but I want to do it myself, I want to learn how to look after my bike because biking has became a passion of mine, although I have only been riding for about a year but I like to think once you are a biker, you always a biker, but the problem is, I don’t have a garage so I don’t even park the bike where I live I park it at my work place instead, so I have no tools whatsoever to service the bike but more importantly I don’t know how, eg. what I should do, what to look out for, how to do it etc. I do own a copy Haynes manual for my 99 R1 but I am kind of person who learns better when someone show/tell me what to do and I do it. I always find it is much easier for me to pick things up in this way.

So, what I am asking is if any of you who are going to service your bike in a near future, I would love to come around and service mine too, I just want to get dirty with my bike because I love her and of course I will pay you for all the things I use for the bike eg. oil, break fluid and coolant etc.(I am sure there will be more but I can’t think of any due to my lack of knowledge) and I am happy to pay for your time for teaching me too.

So, this is it. please contact me if anyone would like to help.

Dan

dan i would suggest you do a basic maintenance course some where like merton or i think they run them in west london also.

http://www.merton.ac.uk/course.asp?co_id=EMCYOT101

its always best to learn from a pro rather than pick up bad habits from someone that kinda knows what there doing… :slight_smile:

well worth the money…

Thanks Adz. I will take a look at it

Cheers