Scum spotted

3 young looking lads on two scooters seen around 13:30 today 21/07/16 riding at speed out of Redcross Way heading the wrong way up Union Street turning right onto Southwark Bridge Rd all in SE1.  Unfortuantly too quickly for me to catch plates or any further info but thought it worth mentioning as they were almost CERTAINLY up to no good or about to be.

Keep it all locked up!!!

Thanks for info, that’s close to my work.

Let’s hope they will be remembered as talented footballers very soon.

suggestion … I have a bluetooth headset and police on speed dial …and tend to report them when I  see them (… pull over …call plod and report the location and direction of travel of the scum and any offence they have done).

IMHO  …we really need to get someone from traffic plod’s details … get a number on speed dial for all of us … there is say 200 of us riding round london and if we see the scum  … we could report it and do some good  …if we had 1 number for the police team looking for these scum …then we MIGHT be able to get them.

I get that even when they get arrested they will be out soon and they dont care…

… but I vote we just make enough noise to the police (ring them everytime ) so that at least the crime numbers get accurately recorded and something might get done.

Not sure… it doesn’t sound like there’s anything the police could do if they ‘might’ be up to something!

well here is what I say to the old bill on the phone

“motorcycle thieves were in the news last week nicking bikes …I wish to report to the police that guys matching their description have just been spotted at <insert location> …they look like they are riding stolen bikes and are looking at bikes to steal.”

if/when the police attend the scene … these bikers will do a runner and so get dispersed.

repeat until bored or until the scum get busted

ring 101 to report stuff like that

What, ring 101 and report people on scooters with nike handbags? What do you want to report them for doing? Just being a member of the lower classes?

the police are looking for those guys who did that crime the other day right ?  … 

I am just saying that there is some scum who look like that at <insert location> … and use 101 for that  . …

When I have seen them in the city moving bikes and looking moody  … then I ring 999 … city police call me back and I give them photos etc etc 

Just got to help plod a little bit  … imho

Did which crime the other day?Are you just inventing reasons to call the police on some scooterists?

having a scooter isn’t a crime, being a chav isn’t a crime, neither is wearing a balaclava etc… Wasting police time is though (slightly ironically.) 

Whilst I complete understand that these people riding around an stealing bikes are scum - civil liberties work both ways, unless you want us all to live under a police state?

Inventing crimes and wasting police time all said…

Detective Chief Inspector Clinton Blackburn from City of London Police added:
“Motorcycle’s and moped’s stolen are being used to commit crimes including mobile phone snatches, smash and grabs as well as robberies.

“Working with partners as well as owners of motorbikes and mopeds we can reduce these crimes and bring the criminals to justice.

“I would urge anyone that sees someone acting suspiciously around these vehicles to call police immediately on 999.”
https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/news-and-appeals/Pages/Motorbike-and-moped-crime-day-of-action-.aspx

Although his use of apostrophes is concerning.

I think its justified to call the police if you see people pull up on Mopeds; and start interfering with another bike which has been parked in a bay. But not if they are just riding around.

…if they are cool scum I have no problem them showing them how to wheelie and have a bit of banter  … but if they are up to no good then do the right thing …just use your brains

I think its justified to call the police if you see people pull up on Mopeds; and start interfering with another bike which has been parked in a bay. But not if they are just riding around. Abzero
Just last weekend i seen 4 of these waste of lifes riding on scooters with their registration plate crossed out (an offence in itself) and flouting all kind of traffic laws. Shouldn't I make a call to 101 and alert them of this activity so at least it's on the radar?

@Kris, I think your idea is sensible and i’m considering to buy a bluetooth set

I think its justified to call the police if you see people pull up on Mopeds; and start interfering with another bike which has been parked in a bay. But not if they are just riding around. Abzero
Just last weekend i seen 4 of these waste of lifes riding on scooters with their registration plate crossed out (an offence in itself) and flouting all kind of traffic laws. Shouldn't I make a call to 101 and alert them of this activity so at least it's on the radar?

CBR500R commuter
What you've witnessed is people committing offenses - so yes you should call 101 in that situation. 

CBR500R commuter
I have a tatty courier bike so if I pull up and make a call ... it looks like I am doing my job anyway  ...but  don't get yourself in trouble taking photos if they are up to no good  ... often the plates on the bike are duff anyway so the pictures don't help the police that much but at least we should try to accurately record & report stupid stuff like no plates or riding across parks or moving bikes in bays etc