Sat Nav for Bikes...?

I have a proper sat nav for sale here :

Pics now here : http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/7729223

Thinking of changing my Streetpilot3 for something else- just checking if any interest in the club before i fleabay it!
Very good unit - excellent off road and apparently works as an aviation unit too!

Recently replaced by Garmin under warranty sp3 with 128mb card, very little use.
have also got all the car mount beanbag,books etc, all pc leads and various software versions and unlock codes.
Also have a carry bag , extra external ariel and original box.
A 256mb(new) card is also included and i have 2 bike power leads (one for each bike!) I also have a touratech lockable mount that will fit a 10mm bar - ie fairing support on my ZX9 or on a GS1150. Use a ram mount on the ZZR.
Cost about £1000 for everything!!
Have the original receipt for unit £799 , touratech mount was about £80
power leads approx £20 each, 256 card approx £60
, extra leads to run from a laptop etc
Good package, the GS boys will know how good this unit is off road.

looking for £300 ono for everything

You mean you paid £799 for a satnav system!?
A friend just bought one for £70 (2nd hand).

it was the rolls royce of sat nav when new and works where otheres like tom tom dont!

But the maps must be so far out of date by now. I mean, in one of the photo’s there’s a floppy disc! Most PC’s these days don’t even have a floppy drive!

And although it was a top streetmapping routing GPS when it came out - it is six year old technology in a very fast moving field. The signal processor will be nothing like as sensitive or intelligent as the current generation. That means that you are more likely to lose signal in cities and woods than with modern satnavs. Whilst SP IIIs are good tough units and worth having on the bike they sell for much less than that on ebay - probably much less than £100 I am afraid.

I use an SPIII (which I got cheap when they were discontinuing the model. SPIII, Euro and UK maps, route planning software, memory card, car mount, bike mount, power lead, etc etc all in for £140 iirc. They were £800 or so when new, as the poster above says).

For the price, it’s excellent. Used it for a couple of years now, and it’s been great. The GPS chip is pretty up to date compared with what’s out there now, and I’ve never had any problems with the mapping software (but then again, I don’t generally need to go to houses on newly built estates). Sure, it will show a few roundabouts that have been replaced by flyovers or traffic lights, but that’s not really a problem (and if it was, then I suppose I would update the maps). The unit has resisted all sorts of weather, and the only drawback is that it’s bigger and heavier than the most modern satnavs you can get now. But I’ve been really happy with mine. In the UK and on the continent. And the route planning software is very good.

It has up to version 9 software same as later satnavs just not touch screen!

The flopy was for the extra cable so you could run it from a laptop from a usb if you didnt have the right plug!Also comes with loads of extra’s like the carry bag, touratech mount, bigger extra memory card, extra leads, different software versions.Doesnt have things lie mp3 on it - its a proper robust reliable unit and garmins customer service is brilliant- i bought my first one in about 2001 they changed this last year under warranty for free -7 years later!!!try getting tom tom to do that!

Anyone tried http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

?

I’d rock in with the road signs thing - used to have a first gen gps in the car for 3 years - spent a lot of time staring at it rather than the road - my bad but they do intrude. It was good for rallying around Scotland though - you could see how sharp upcoming bends were. But when it finally died, I’d lost the ability to navigate without it.

Get an iPhone so you can figure out where you are, or print a map before you set off.

Quest with city navigator v9 europe with powered mount

Does the job nicely for me

Attachments

quest1--8589971056247264558.jpg