Sat Nav for Bikes...?

I use them ROAD SIGN™®thingies. Bloody amazing they are.

You think Road signs are bloody amazing? Wow.

I agree :slight_smile:

Far more adventurous & normally a better route than the satnav :wink:

Ludites:PYou will be telling us you have one of them “Music Centres” next;):smiley:

Nipper and I will often sit back and listen to our Edison phonograph, you’ve never listened to Queens of the Stone Age or Linkin Park, until you’ve heard them in the original tinfoil recording.

Using TomTom 6 on my T-mob Vario 3 at the moment. Not waterproof but it can go in the clear pocket on top of my tankbag if so. And at the moment the weather’s great so who cares. It also plays my tunes as I’m going which is nice if you want that sort of feature.Bluetooth headset for the instructions and clear as day up mounted up front. Haven’t really explored with it due to lack of opportunity to get out and about. Only problem I have is the mount I bought doesn’t feel that secure and I’m quite scared of hitting a bump too hard and seeing my phone/satnav disappear off into the distance in pieces. Will be investing in some sort of jiggery-pokery to stop that happening!

Always previously used the old ‘read a map before I set off and hope I see something resembling something I recognise when I’m halfway there’ method of navigation, which has it’s drawbacks. Such as arriving for footy at full-time. Oops.

and the male “sense of direction 1.0” software also works wonders too Still dont think they have managed to develop the female version as they are having issues

Yea, the data is inconsistent due to the incorrect parsing of monthly subroutines!
:wink:

i’d like to say i understood that but i think you were typing in a foreign language

Não meu velho, agora tô usando um idioma estranho! :wink:

just bought the tomtom one XL with europe maps, not tried it yet but have noticed NO earpiece socket, bummer so best read idiot guide to set it up via phone bluetooth.

tomtom mobile ftw :stuck_out_tongue:

road signes are as good as this…

:w00t:

The TomTom doesn’t have any earpeice sockets, al comms is via Bluetooth. Its not difficult to setup though, basically just put your phone is discovery mode and search using the TomTom, when it finds it, select that one and away you go.

I’ve had the same problem as you Steve. I’ve got a TomTom One Europe and no ear jack.So are we saying you link the bluetooth earpiece to the mobile and then the Mobile to the TomTom?Do you get all the instructions to the earpiece then?:slight_smile:

The second and third generation TT ONEs (the silver ones) don’t have earpiece sockets unlike the original black ones.

Chunks Ive got the in ear headset but think i got prob with phone it finds tomtom but keeps dropping bluetooth connection Ive mailed nokia for advice, have the same prob with bluetooth headset, so its next to useless at the moment till I sort some kind of bracket out, as cant see it on tankbag :)Oh and anyone got the link to the site doing brackets for satnavs ?

Is this a quiz?:w00t:What do I win?:wink:http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/

cheers chunks thats the one, :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s right. You link the earpeice to the TomTom and then you link your phone to the TomTom. The two are sperate connections on the TomTom. There’s an option to setup a Headset, (earpeice) and an option to connect to a phone.You then get to hear and control your phone via the TomTom. It can hold a copy of your phone book to make it easier when making calls, (you use the touch screen of the TomTom). The functions available depend on the compatability of your phone. Some are more compatable than others.

have ‘Co-Pilot’ loaded onto my XDA phone with a blue tooth earpiece.

Have it inside my pocket so never look at the screen but must admit i do prefer the ‘stopping at petrol stations and using the maps on the shelf’ method of navigating…

:hehe: