Rooftop Film Club

If anyone else is a film nerd, has done a SecretCinema, or just wants to lounge about and watch an old(ish) film in a pub, I just got this email from wegottickets. I don’t fancy a few of this lot of films (ET? A poo with eyes!! No thanks.), but others might like a blast from the past - Top Gun, Reservoir Dogs, Lock Stock, Dr Strangelove…

Rooftop Film Club
Big screen, wireless headphones, comfy seats, 5 nights a week
London Queen of Hoxton through June, July, August and September tickets/info

Rooftop Film Club is the exciting new outdoor film experience showing classic, cult and recent film releases on the rooftop of the Queen of Hoxton from 1st June to 30th September 2011.

Film lovers will be able eat fabulous food, drink cold beer and watch their favourite movies on the big screen as the sun goes down and the stars begin to sparkle. No more hot stuffy cinemas, this is the incomparable film experience in the fresh air of a warm summer’s night.

This June kicks off with a host of movie greats including: Ghostbusters, Top Gun, The Lost Boys, An American Werewolf in London, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Wayne’s World, Reservoir Dogs, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Labyrinth, ET, Dirty Dancing, Juno, The Breakfast Club, Dr. Strangelove, Monsters, Inc. and many, many more!

For more information about the Rooftop Film Club visit their website http://www.rooftopfilmclub.com/tickets.html , and for listings and tickets click here. http://www.wegottickets.com/location/850

Ah I love rooftop/outdoor cinemas… They used to be quite popular in Greece and I remember going to see Lethal Weapon 4 at the top of a block of flats on the 8th floor!!! :w00t:

I haven’t been to one of these, but I have been to loads of Secret Cinemas - an expensive night, but completely awesome. I found the full list, and there are ones I will pop along to if I can:

Psycho, Goodfellas, Dead Man’s Shoes, Mad Max , Blair Witch Project, Casablanca, Dazed and Confused, The Big Lebowski, The Shawshank Redemption, Motorcycle Diaries, Amelie, Breathless , Cinema Paradiso, Belleville Rendevous, Scarface , Pulp Fiction, Roger and Me, Memento, Donnie Darko, The Usual Suspects, The Terminator , Kickboxer, Night of The Living Dead, Rocky, Thank You For Smoking, The Social Network , Spinal Tap, The Devil and Daniel Johnston, Part of The Weekend Never Dies, Kurt and Courtney, Control

This really for us kids of the 80s :smiley:

Heard of secret cinema n like the sound of this… Some classic films on that list :slight_smile:

Secret Cinema is a brilliant night out, so long as you let yourself get lost into it - I always hear reports about how the films aren’t to everyone’s taste, but it’s about more than just going to see a film, it’s about losing yourself in a different world for a night. Great fun - love 'em.

I’ve just realised that the Breathless they’ve listed is probably the Richard Gere re-make and not the stunning Jean Seberg / Jean-Paul Belmondo hotness. Oh well. Will still be worth popping along to a one or two of them.

There has been some great Secret Cinemas like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and Bladerunner where the setup and film are cool and then kak ones where the setup was awesome but the movies was shite like Wings of Desire. Its hit and miss but still worth a go

Ha! I was at all of those. :smiley: And loved them, but I’m a Wim Wenders fan, and really liked Wings of Desire. (Where is the ‘Loser’ symbol when you need it?) Saw Pina recently and loved it, but again I love almost anything dance related, and wanted to see what he did with the film.

Bladerunner SC was insanely awesome, got to hold a boa and a chameleon, and I love the film; and Cuckoos was just creepy - running through the hospital in my gown and slippers halfway through the film for the loo, the place was very, very spooky.

Whenever I’ve gone people have thought I was part of the show??!!! What can I say? I like getting into it. Highly recommended night out.