Rider down - A308 today

Very disturbing scene. The road was completely closed in the South bound (leaving London) carriageway, and there were about 20 cop cars and forensics guys pointing line of site kit. Must have been checking for angles and stuff, and by the line of traffic that was caught by this incident, I’d say it was a pretty serious incident…

In the middle of the road, no bike, and no rider, just a set of leathers lying there… with a crash helmet where the head would be… very eerie…

Thoughts are with whoever went down, hope they made it…

That sounds awful. I’m afraid that the rider must be in a very bad way. Good luck to him, wherever he may be.

Horrible - reminds me of the time when a rider hit a car which pulled out on him at a crossroads a quarter of a mile from where I lived at the time. It was a bright, sunny saturday morning and I was returning from the tyre shop in a mates car with a new tyre on a loose wheel when we saw cars stopped at the crossroads. Getting closer my heart sank as I saw a car stopped halfway across the road, the front wing stoved in, and further down the road a bike was lying on the tarmac. We must have got there minutes after the accident as there were stopped cars and people but no police or ambulance. When we got to the scene I could see that the rider had his head turned at an unnatural angle on the opposite side of the road in a pool of blood. It was obvious that he was dead.

I’m not religious but when I got home that day I found myself praying for the guy - shed some tears also.