Ride cancelled due to injuries

You need to get yourself a big bike, a whistle and join the elite ranks of SEG

1 Like

No breaks thankfully. Many bruises and soreness.

I have my DAS in August on the 9th, 10th and 11th

I plan to get on the police bikes for definite and SEG is on my list of options

3 Likes

Hey John.

Really sorry to hear that mate, hope you mend soon.

Lets hope this nutter gets put behind bars (not going to hold my breathe though).

2 Likes

Will lose his licence at most. Probably walk from the charges of assualt against myself

1 Like

John, we’ve not met but I’m really sorry to hear of your injuries. Doesn’t seem like yesterday I was at the Andrew Harper rideout from RAF Benson, this reminds me of that.

I hope you make a speedy recovery and stay safe. Thank you for your service.

Have fun doing your DAS!! Passing mine 25 years ago is one of my happiest memories.

1 Like

I remember Andrew Harper like yesterday. He lost his life to idiots trying to protect the public and up hold the law as sworn by our oath. He was taken to early and i will never forgot the day during my training when we all stood in remembrance of him and lowered the flags to half mast in his honour.

I am tender, but i will be fine and i will mend!!! :muscle:

I know it could have gone a lot worse, but i like to fall back on the fact that had i not tried what i did then a member of public would have been seriously hurt. Instead my actions caused the apprehension of a drug driver, and left only myself feeling sore.

Been put forward for a commendation for my actions, however, i do not believe that it is desrved as i was just doing my duty and what comes natural to me.

Once i am feeling better i hope to arrange a ride and meet up with some of you guys.

7 Likes

try and do a weekend day easier for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wow, this must be the most dramatic pre-rideout we had to date!

Kudos to you mate, I’m down in Surrey these days so if you venture down Box Hill give me a shout.

2 Likes

I can relate to what you are going through.

I was a full time job motorcyclist and a scrote in a stolen vehicle deliberately took me out and my injuries left me disabled and put me into early retirement.

On the plus side I was close to retirement anyway, but I know what you are going through. The pain and immobility I suffer every day reminds me of that fateful day (Not far from where Andrew Harper met his end, we were in the same force and same department, just a generation apart)

Stay positive and don’t let the federation solicitors screw you over like they did me. If its still RJW, you have my sympathy and I would recommend going independent.

It was because of RJW that I went into personal injury law to avoid fellow riders being screwed over like I was.

Speedy recovery fella

4 Likes

JJ - Very sorry to hear about that. Hope you make full recovery and have no after effects.

1 Like

We’ve not met John but you are a top man and we’re lucky to have you, TC and all the many others on the front line putting your body literally on the line fir the rest of us.

Get well soon and back on your bike my friend.

2 Likes

Just to put everyones minds to ease. I have jumped back on the bike today and all was good. Little bit tender on my hip and ribs still.

Ride was good!!!

Back at work in central London today at Trafalgar Square for the Womens Euros 2022 fan zone.

Cheers for all the love and support guys and gals

6 Likes

Top banana JJ, I’ve just caught up with this thread I was away for a few days in Hove. Well done mate and you too TC, keeping the scrotes at bay so the rest of us are safe.

Ride out soon.

3 Likes