Returning Biker-Parking Westfield Stratford City????

Hi Guys,used to be pretty active in the past but after an accident took a break from biking.Anyways I’m going to be getting back on two wheels and start commuting into Stratford.Does anyone park at Westfield Stratford city? Just tying to find out if the bike parking is safe and secure as this will determine what bike I get (value)

One nicked fairly recently https://londonbikers.com/forums/posts/1124917/fireblade-stolen-from-stratford

If I was commuting into London and didn’t have a secure garage with a ground anchor then I’d look at something like a CB500 or any low to moderate power 10+ year old  anything that was purely transport.

Otherwise it is simply a matter of time until it goes.

Cheers,I have secure Parking at home
But work at Westfield so just chocking thoughts

Cheers,I have secure Parking at home But work at Westfield so just chocking thoughts PaulRougier-Lagane
Shit. Westfield? Get a commuter hack and nothing desirable. As hogtrumpet says, CB500 that's old

As above, a proper commuter hack. Just be mindful of the pending ULEZ regulations whereby motorcycles are required to be Euro 3 compliant, a 2007 EU model or later should see you safe from the £12 per day stealth tax.

Would that go as far as Stratford,I would be doing the Blackwall tunnel

If I was a gambling man I’d wager the ULEZ Zone would be extended and extended until it fills the M25.

Plenty of 2007+ proper commuters out there so you may as well be Euro 3 compliant as not. Remember too Euro 3 compliance also gets you further per litre of go go juice.

Thanks,o didn’t even think about it and as have not been riding for a while it’s amazing how much you miss.Im going to start shopping,that’s the exciting part

Any recommendations in the Kent area good for second hand bikes?

Euro 3 or post July 2007
There are a few non Euro 3’s bikes that are post 2007 out there

There might be some hassle in proving the early adaptors are Euro 3 compliment. I believe the procedure is to register early adopters with TFL by way of producing a letter from the manufacturer confirming such. Some manufacturers are already ignoring such requests for HGV’s using the LEZ zones.

Any recommendations in the Kent area good for second hand bikes?
PaulRougier-Lagane
One dealer is probably as good as the next, they all have their good and bad reviews. An independent dealer will get you more for your money and would be likely to have a better selection of older machines. The only thing that makes one dealer stand out from any another in my book is the length of time they've been in business, a dealer that has been trading for many years must be doing something right and will probably be around for many more years should you need them.