Removal of heated grips, or not

Me thinks I’m not getting the bugger off unless anyone has any experience of removing grips that have been glued on with epoxy?

Looks like I’m going to have to strip out the unit entirely and either replace with new heated grips or get some pretty grips in replacement. Tempted to go for the latter and get some heated glove liners!

Unfortunately it can’t be done without destrying them. Once they’ve been epoxyed on the only way to get them off is to cut them off :angry:

Glad to have my suspicions confirmed. Thank you.

Not too distraught as I’ve found some very pretty replacement grips! :smiley:

I’m curious, why are you cutting them off?

heat them up if still working im guessing not. use a heat gun yet not to melt it then with a long flat head tap it between the bar and grip and keep doing this around the bar and itll crack free

heat them up if still working im guessing not. use a heat gun yet not to melt it then with a long flat head tap it between the bar and grip and keep doing this around the bar and itll crack free

^^^^^^^^^^^

do it twice, once each side :smiley:

haha love it u git. posting on my phone does this for some reason

me_groovy - the handlebar snapped when I lowsided

shiver - I should be able to turn them on as I can turn on the ignition, just not the engine yet until I’ve changed the oil filter and replaced the alternator cover. No heat gun so will see what happens when I turn them on, thanks.

it will crack just takes abit of work had to do it on my oxford grips afew months ago better than cutting them off