Recommend me a bike please....

Well hopefully (even though I am GUTTED) my R1 should be sold at the weekend so I can free up some cash to pay off some debts and buy another cheaper bike…

So I’m gonna have roughly £2k to spend, I certainly don’t wanna go over that budget and would be more than willing to under spend by as much as possible but not to the extent of buying something like a kwak GPZ (no offence if you own one)…

I’m currently toying with the idea of picking up an RSV Mille for £2k or a mid to late 90’s Honda CBR RR, ZXR or R6…

I just dunno what to do?? I don’t want something FUGLY, I need it for everyday use commuting to work in all weathers and most importantly I need it to go like s**t off a shovel.

I’m not completely ruling out 1000cc bikes but would prefer 600 or 750’s as I’m not too keen on another winter of dancing around on a litre superbike…

ZX9

GSXR all the way

I’d recommend a look towards Hinkley

If I wanted a 750 and had 2k I’d go for a Kawasaki ZX7-R.

unless you get a real bargain sub £2k will always be a touch tatty or good condition but older styling…

I would spend £500 more and get a beauty tbh

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic837419-39-1.aspx

:wink:

:D:D:D

I think with my tight ass budget, I could only afford an SRAD model, which I think are pure FUGLY!!

Like the idea of a kwickasfucki ZX7R or even a ZX9…

The problem I have with your CBR Leon is that it ends in f… if it ended with RR then I might be tempted!!

Aaaaaarrrgggghhh I hate shopping for bikes, so confusing although I must say I’ve always been impressed with the bikes I do buy…

Fair enough, unless it’s a 2007 on RR there is hardly any difference other than the RR looks tastier and insurance is double (oh and 9bhp)

Can you get decent zx7’s/gsxr750’s for £2k???

If you fancy a mile but don’t want to spend too much then go for a Falco like I did. Same engine, same geometry, same brembo brakes.

I got mine for around that and it came with original cans and ecu along with Aprilia carbon cans and matching ecu, front and rear paddock stands, seat cowl and service history.

Put the cans on and ecu in and it goes like stink, sounds awesome, handles like a dream, stops on a sixpence, is comfy over the mileage and in my opinion is gorgeous.

Zx7r’s are great though, not as comfy though.

ZX7’s definitely and there’s a few on E-Bay right now :wink:

You won’t go far wrong with a mk2 blade either, I had a 96, totally reliable and extremely capable.

Cheers for the info Gents… Much appreciated and the Falco I hadn’t even considered but I don’t think they are as nice as a Mille!!

Leon, you can get propper nice bikes for £2k believe it or not, just means in most cases travelling to Birmingham or Leeds area as they seem to giv away bikes up there!! Ok so you might end up paying an extra £100 in fuel but hey…