Rea, McDougall, Linfoot - Beowulf Racing go LARGE in 2008

Already established as one of the best-run private squads in the World Superbike support paddock, Beowulf Racing is set for major expansion in 2008. The Somerset-based team will be fielding its largest rider line-up yet and making a return to British competition to complement its usual overseas campaign.

New to the squad is ex-125 and 250cc MotoGP rider Dan Linfoot (19). At the moment Dan looks likely to contest the European Superstock 600 Championship, although an entry into the senior FIM Superstock 1000 Cup has not been ruled out. Although Linfoot already has a wealth of international experience behind him, he views the move to the Superstock series as a fresh challenge:

“I’m really excited about joining the Beowulf Team for 2008,” says Dan. “I’m very thankful to the whole team for this great opportunity, and can’t wait to get the ball rolling. Being new to four-stroke racing, I foresee a quick adaptation to the Superstock class, with my aim being to finish in the top three of the championship. I have briefly worked with Gino Rea before and his experience in this class should help make us both stronger.”

Eighteen-year-old Gino Rea stays with Beowulf Racing for a second crack at the European Superstock 600 Championship. Gino made an impressive debut in 2007 finishing in 12th place overall, the top rookie Brit in the series. The Epsom-based teenager scored a best result of third at Valencia as well as notching up National-series race wins in both Spain and the Czech Republic. Now fully familiar with the international circuits he’ll be riding at, Rea is set for even further success in 2008.

“This year has been a brilliant learning experience with one podium and 12th overall,” says Gino. “Now I have to put what I’ve learnt to good use and show that I can run up front in every race. I would like to be regularly on the podium, and if not, in the top 5. I will be putting 110% effort into every race and my training and I must thank my sponsors, family and the team for once again putting their faith in me as a rider.”

Finally, Guildford rider Pat McDougall (22) makes a welcome return to the squad to contest the British Supersport Cup, which runs at the prestigious British Superbike Championship meetings. Previously, Pat has campaigned both the European Superstock 600 and 1000 series with the Beowulf team before landing the Bracken KTM 660 Cup championship title this year. McDougall makes no secret that the 600cc class is his favourite and is determined to bring the Beowulf name back to the forefront of UK competition.

"It’s just like coming home, having ridden for Beowulf in 2005 in the European Superstock 600 class and then half a season in Europe on the 1000cc ‘Wulf rocket’ during 2006,” says Pat. “I love riding these 600cc sports bikes and I just can’t wait to get going in the British Supersport Cup. I am sure there will be some stiff competition but I am really up for it and I am going to give it my all in 2008. I would like to thank Andy Stone, Richard Baker, my sponsors and the whole team for giving me this fantastic opportunity.”

Beowulf Racing has always had a reputation for being a tightly-run operation which punches above its weight. With three riders now contesting up to three different championships, it will be taking on much more of a presence in the racing paddock. Team Manager Andy Stone explains how the recent series of changes came about:

“During the second half of the 2007 season we were able to add people to the management of the squad with the specific task of expanding the team and attracting more funding. What’s happening at the moment are the first results of that expansion. It’s early days yet, but we have a provisional plan in place which will see us nurture talent in the British and European Superstock championships and then promote it into the Supersport and Superbike world series in a few years time.”

Currently, the squad is undergoing an extensive winter test schedule and will be in action at Oulton Park this weekend. Many more developments are in the pipeline - stay tuned to www.beowulf-racing.com for all the latest details.

Hello and welcome to LB:cool:

Why not say hello on our newbie section:)