Protest Ride against Bike Crime this coming Saturday

Are you sick and tired of the bike thefts, bike jackings, increases to your bike insurance, the attacks on us all by moped-riding gangs and the impotence of the Police and judiciary?

Another Protest Ride has been organised bringing together MAG, We Ride London, Motorcycle Crime Prevention Community (MCPC) and the UK Motorcycle Theft Protest riders with the Bike Shed, Ace Cafe and Biker&Bike supporting to encourage as many bikers to meet at Regent’s Park (near London Zoo) this Saturday and ride to Parliament Square and on through crime hotspots in central London.

The organisers are reaching out to as many bikers as possible and would ask all LondonBikers members to join in, spread the word and come together at 10.30am this Saturday as #BikerUnited to simply say #EnoughisEnough.

Follow this link for more info on the Event…but a full tank, empty bladder, whistle and voice is all you need to make your mark and be counted!

https://www.facebook.com/BikersUnitedEvents/

Attachments

I wonder how many bike thieves will also be there, in a clandestine manner, scoping out the bikes, maybe even befriending some, and possibly following others home.

I really really wish you’re right.
Haven’t killed anyone in a while.

You never forget the taste of the first one though… :smiling_imp:

The Mayor talking about bike crime this morning…https://www.facebook.com/TheUKMTP/videos/1934970020104526/

What time is departure from Regents Park?

Ignore just read previous post!!

Hope to see you there BigVern! Ride Rules and Route should be with me for circulation tomorrow.

I’d tried to catch a few members at BM last night but I had to dash off quite early and when I jumped on the bike to ride back the damn battery was flat again.  Hrmph

Yep, Ace for brekkie then Regents Park for 10-1030

Are any more LondonBikers coming to tomorrow’s Protest Ride?

Did you see the prison sentence the kid who murdered Ricky Hayden got today at the Old Bailey? And did you hear the support his father gave to the campaign against bike crime?

Did you see that the 16 year old kit who threw acid at 6 riders to steal their bikes will be going to trial?

Did you hear the Mayor on LBC yesterday talking about bike crime and his post today about taking action?

Some progress is being made, but we all need to help ourselves in keeping the momentum going…come and Ride tomorrow, 10.30am at Regent’s Park near London Zoo.

I’ll be there. Is anyone else coming?

Can’t daughter duties

See you there Cypher!

Quite a few people here

Attachments

Not one familiar face :smiley:

Awesome, half of all the Central London roads we were suppressed to take are shut because of some Brexit protest.

So what happened?

Brexit comes first, today was probably a waste of time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41212505

We had upwards of 400 bikes at the start as they rode through and round central London they made an awesome sight and noise! Really got noticed, had ITV and BBC at the start doing interviews which should make it on the early evening news (not sure national or local). Talked to hundreds of other road users and general public, really got the message over, banners at Tower Bridge which was brilliant cos of all the bridge lifts. Good reaction as we hit East London to finish at Leyton.