promised you some gorey pics

never a true-er word said

;):D:w00t:

Yes mate - learned from bitter experience :slight_smile:

the morphine did taste a bit bitter wen they squirted it in me mouth. worked well though :D;)

I had no idea they put morphine in your gob. i always thought they jabbed ya:w00t:

OUCH!!!

I hated morphine. Made me feel uber ill.

Apparently I made a number of phonecalls where I talked like a zombie lol then dropped the phone or something.

They couldn’t have given me any more or Id have gone to sleep for a very long time.

morphine is orrible stuff. Never take it unless you really need it. It’s heroin after all. I had to take it for nearly three months and stopping was a biatch…ended up in A&E after going cold turkey…how stoopid

it can be injected directly, or more usually if its constant pain relief via a machine with a little button to press every 5 mins, also given orally with tablets or oramorph (liquid morphine that makes you puke)

yes its become popular again…there are many other pain relife tablets but apart from addiction the morphine seems to be the least destructive long term…well thats what i remember but never had it myself…and hope I dont have to…

But my point was what were you wearing how did you sustain the injury and is there anything we can learn from it ie dont buy chinacheap boots for instance…

i was wearing the best of everything. xr1000 helmet, sidi race boots, top quality racing leathers etc etc. I hit a nearly stationary bike at 130mph on park straight at cadwell park and was left with internal bleeding in my head, multiple factures to my skull, arm, leg, knee cap and foot. I spent 3 days in intensive care and was 50:50 to live. I did live and now have 34 individual pieces of metal in me and am still not walking properly after 4 months and will never be able to straighten my arm again.

i’m racing my first race again on the 8th/9th march at brands hatch!!

lesson is…life can be very very **** sometimes…but never ever let it beat you!!

ps. if i was wearing poorer quality gear i wouldn’t be writing this.

nutcase :hehe:

seb what happened to the bloke you hit?

all those injuries look mega painful glad ya all make recoveries :slight_smile:

wow dude glad you made it for sure…the head injuries seem extensive…your helmet stayed on or not…

I have just bought a schuberth helmet…my leathers are okay but I have bought knox internal armour to beef them up a bit…I am going to have sewn in a few add ons though to build some of my own ideas regarding better bit of protection…

good on you dude for getting back out there :wink:

i’ll see you there :stuck_out_tongue: Are you going to do the practice day? And have you had the fees breakdown yet?

i haven’t had the entries from bemsee yet. I’m hoping they will come soon tho. I will be doing the test day and again will book as and when the entry pack comes through.

What class are you racing in??

a split second before the impact of my crash otr, i was thinking: ****, i’ve let everyone down… no, no , no. :frowning:

what were you thinking?

dunno really lol - i was totally unconscious :wink: then i had to get home after A&E in a manual van lol…

couple of requests from people asking me to dig this out.

Nice case of motorcycle racers finger - hope it gets better soon. :wink:

ewwwwwwwwwww thats not nice made me feel better about my hand after seeing that

haha my finger looked worse than yours :stuck_out_tongue: