Praise: Jap & German

Received extraordinary service from Steve at Jap & German in Druid Street SE1 last week. Was supposed to drop the bike off last Monday morning, but because I had to abandon my journey back to London from Devon, due to bad weather and then had to go to Brighton for 2 days, he didn’t receive the bike til late on Tuesday. He could have easily told me to take a hike, but he didn’t though he warned me he was on holiday from the Thursday, so may not be able to get it all done. I’d had a 12 month service done 3,000 miles (2 months) earlier, so this time, I needed valve clearances, new brake pads (back and front), new air filter, new brake lever and grip end weight (oops) and a few other general maintencance bits. Not only did he manage to get it done by the end of Wednesday (ready for my trip to France on Friday), but it all came to about £400 (including VAT). 3 hours labour at £60 p/h (in central London!) and the rest on parts - seemed like a pretty good deal to me and his willingness to accomodate my tardiness was pretty outstanding. Very impressed. He’s also open from 7.30am, so if you’re working in town and need to drop you’re bike off before work, it’s very convenient for anyone based in the City.

Top stuff. Will have to remember them, could be dead handy, they’re only a short work from my work.