Praise for BN Race Science

He IS a suspension god!!! :smiley: Iā€™ll be taking the bone shaking R1 soon, the filling in my teeth keep falling out :w00t::stuck_out_tongue:

A very nice read to come home to on a Friday evening:) Really cool meeting you today James. Great to hear youā€™re enjoying the new set up.

Yes itā€™s always a laugh working with Les, a top bloke for sure!

If ever you need tea, a chat or are just passingā€¦pop in mate!Ricky, I canā€™t do anything about your fillings, Les might have an idea though:D But no problem if you want your bike to behave:cool:

B, I get my bike back tomorrow with new forks! Looks like I need to pay you another visit.

Do I get charged again :wink:

When are you free to do it?

its not often you meet a couple of guys with the same interests, refreshing change. and a good laugh too boot.

so praise where its dueā€¦ dont make a bad brew eitherā€¦:slight_smile:

j.

I hope to be popping back in to see Brian wednesday for him to sort the rear shock out on mine.

Top job on mine as it was like riding with no suspension at allā€¦ should make me a little quicker in the twisties then;)

Thatā€™s one of the main reasons I work there :), itā€™s not boring but enjoyable, always meeting new people and the riders are always coming back smiling with joy:cool::slight_smile:

Iā€™m sure I saw you earlier this year Gaz but looking at my books it seems I saw you in September '07 :w00t: time flies unless Iā€™m mistaken mate.

Itā€™s likely and not unusual for suspension to go out of sync with mileage so itā€™s worth checking the rear is ok along with matching it to the new front set up. Pop down on Wednesday if you like as PJ may be there too and weā€™ll see what we can do.

PJ, Now we know out about the 1098 rear shock;) Thereā€™ll be a lot more improvement to come :cool: ok any excuse for another ride:P

Brian. Want another customer?!

Where are you based?:smiley:

Sure! I can set your bike up while you wait and thereā€™s plenty of tea/coffee here:)Weā€™re based at:L J Motorcycle Repairs, Unit D1 Swan Island, Strawberry Vale, Twickenham, TW1 4RX.Just PM an appointment.

May as well join in the B ā€œHug-festā€ :DBrian set up my bike a few weeks ago. As mentioned from previous posts he doesnā€™t faff about or do a half arsed job to take your money & get rid of you asap. He really take his time & explains exactly what needs to be done & how its going to be sorted, according to how you want it.

On my first visit it turned out my forks seals where on the way out, so I was told I could pop back when the seals were replaced & have the forks done for nowt, cool!!:smiley: He still set them as best he could, and it still felt miles better than it did when I arrived.

Had those done today, I thought after the first visit the bike felt great, but now the forks have new oil & have been dialled in, it felt even better on the way home, I can really attack corners now without the vague handling of before.

So huge ā€œpropsā€ to Brian. Shame about the Tommy Cooper jokes though, but hey, you canā€™t have everything :smiley:

Oh, also thanks to Les at LJ Bike Repairs, replaced the fork seals this morning, not many bike shops round here would take a bike in on Saturday at such short notice, so thumbs up for him.

Ohā€¦well thenā€¦Another Thumbs up, +1 for Brian.

Had mine done today.

Gawd, based in his reputation on here, I travelled 40 miles each way there and back from Hertfordshire. Got a little lost on route, and had been requested to arrive there before 11am on a Sat morning. Well got there just after 11am expecting a ā€œcome back another dayā€.

No problem, fully accomodated and had me free cup of teaā€¦ Sharp precise steering, countersteering now a dream, and I can get bike/rider feedback now that was lacking beforeā€¦

Does what he says on the tinā€¦:stuck_out_tongue:

Heard that Les has now had to WIDEN the entrance doors to allow B to gain access ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats what brilliant about the Praise or Shame section, we can share our experiences with others be it good or bad and hopefully raise the standards of others that have been ā€œlackingā€ in the past.

Yes, I know, B has had enough praise but thought I would mention the amazing result achieved today :slight_smile:

Bike was handling badly, didnā€™t realise how badly until it was put right but the bars were waggling a lot, it was diving under braking, rocking on acceleration etc, this thread explains a bit: http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic435967-35-1.aspx

After an hour and a half with Brian the bike is transformed, itā€™s only a year old ZX6R so I thoght it canā€™t be that far out but it was miles out, it now feels like a sports bike again, incredible result :cool::smiley: Thanks Brian.

Iā€™ll join in the group hug too. B sorted out my R1 recently as it had gone really soft. Much better bike now and feel much more under control.

The test ride afterwards was fun too (except for me flashing :w00t: )

I donā€™t think B needs any more endorsements so I guess the remaining question is how much does one of these sessions cost, what does it actually entail and what sort of availability is there?

Hi Tim, I offer this at a reduced rate of Ā£50 for LB members. It should take around an hour to an hour and a half depending on the bike and how much tea/coffee is had.

Iā€™ll have a chat with you about and handling issues you may be having and also how and what youā€™re using your bike for so I can get an idea of what may be needed.

A general condition check of your bike will be made to see if anything may be affecting the handling like worn head races, wheel bearings, fork seals and suspension linkages etc. Then Iā€™ll have a test ride and to see how your bike ā€˜behavesā€™ then Iā€™ll dial in the static sag, compression and rebound damping necessary to suit your needs.

Then a few more test rides to fine tune and time for another tea while you try it out:cool:

Iā€™ve got time this week if you want to book an appointment:)