Praise: CTEK smart chargers

I let the battery from one of my bikes go flat, tested with a voltmeter it was at 10v. This usually means two of the cells have shorted together and the battery is useless.

Took 3 cycles of recovery mode on my charger, but it fixed up the battery and it’s back to fully charged :slight_smile:
I have the 5A version, but the smaller one is on sale at the moment too. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-Automatic-Maintainer-maintainence-motorcycle/dp/B004RADNCQ

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for another after my optimate failed…powercut then it didn’t restart process of charging when bike was in storage, 9 months later I realised and flat as a pancake and unrecoverable

Do you know if this would reinitiate itself post power cut??

Certainly would. Often I cut all power when I leave the garage then turn it back on the next day. It might not recall the same charge mode but the default is bike anyway

1 Like

Had this before, but I just connect in parallel with a charged battery and to a battery charger and in just one cycle it recovers. Seems it cheats the battery charger to allow it to start charging