Power Commander - cheapest place?

Since putting a new can (scorpion) ZX6r 06, the fuelling hasn’t been great, very lumpy on start up until 10-15mins of warm up.

Then quite snatchy low down on throttle. Believed lost a bit of torque low down in revs.

Finally, decided the only solution is a power commander. Have to part with more cash!!

Will fit myself, as it appears possible for a novice!

Anyone know the cheapest place to get one? Reluctant to go via flea bay for a secondhand one?

Any help appreciated.

This is the cheapest place I’ve found!!

www.MotoWorldOnline.com

Maybe try Carbon Can Company - Ebay was the cheapest I found from Germany - but picked one up from CCC at the SB show.

here comes the dim question

I am right to assume the ones from the US or europe are different. I ask this, as the fuel octane rating is lower in the US for example?

There the same, flebay is the cheapest if you dont mind second hand.

I got a new one for my Gixer of ebay for 180 quid…

They are easy to fit but you realy need to solder the wire that connects to the TPS (throttle position sencer) it comes with one of those little clips that cuts threw the outer plastic of the cable.

This is ok for a bit but can A. not make a good contact and B.Corrode if moisture gets in, again compromising contact.

Having said all that… I.M.H.O you also need to budget for having it set up by a pro on a dyno about 150 quid…

Ok the maps that come on the CD are… lets say “ok”

But a custom map is the only way to do it propper…

I started with the CD map but didnt rate it…

After set up at HM racing its totaly different.

It was running lean on the Cd map right threw the rev range and they got another 7 RWBHP aout of it.

hello mate i can get you one at trade price wont beat that mate pm me and ill give you my cell and will give you a price mate

Not from what I understand as this is variable anyway (this is the point of the unit). I think its the warranty issue that puts most people off getting it from the US. Although its cheaper you need to send it back to the US to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

Not from what I understand as this is variable anyway (this is the point of the unit). I think its the warranty issue that puts most people off getting it from the US. Although its cheaper you need to send it back to the US to get it fixed or replaced under warranty.

Cheers for advice chaps.

Basejumper, PM sent

I had a Scorpion on my 05 636 and it ran with no problem,. even had it on a Dyno to make sure

tws 636.

No PC? Since Ive had my end can on, it runs very lumpy, particularly at start up for first 10-15mins.

Did you have the baffle in or out. Mines a bit better with it in, however doesn’t sound as good!

I love the noise of the scorpion can. You can be heard before being seen!!

So Adz you know the bit where you said that you should solder the wire…Is this a Gixxer thing cos my PC has got like a multi plug connector that routes into the ECU.

I keep hearing of PC3s going up the spout making the bike cut out or idle incorrectly.

When I install mine on my R1, I’m going to A) Put it under the rider’s seat instead of pillion because there is the room and B) insulate all the connectors.

I don’t want to have the bike cut out miles from home because a faulty PC

HI AFROR1 GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET IT UNDER YOUR SEAT MATE NO ROOM GOT TO MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING TOUCHES THE 3 LITTLE BUTTONS THIS WILL REALLY PISS YOU OFF IF IT HAPPENS SO SAVE YOUR SELF THE HASSELL AND PUT IT UNDER YOUR PILLION SEAT THIS WILL ALSO ALLOW THE SEAT TO STAY ON FOR THR DYNO GUY TO SIT ON AND YEAH SACFRICING THE STORAGE IF YOU CAN CALL IT THAT BUT BETTER SAFE STAYING AWAY FROM THOSE BUTTONS MATE